Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 05:38:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Infinity/Mood lights  (Read 2493 times)
hoopdad

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2006, 07:24:32 AM »

New to the board, I am looking for any help with regards to building your own infinity lights and mood lights. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley
Merlin

Run away before the kids come back home.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 07:43:27 AM »

Took out a slew of that stuff from my Marathon converted Prevost.  As I recall the "infinity" box had a mirror in the back, and a string of tiny lights around the inside edges of the box.  Then the front glass was a one-way mirror with the reflecting side inward.  Oh yes, the inside edges of the front glass had a mask of black paint to hide the direct glare of the lights to the outside.  As you know, the result is an endless reflection of the reflection, etc.. The shadow box does not have to be square, rectangular, or round ... it can be any irregular shape.

Had I not tossed out all those infinity things, I would be able send you a picture.  Possibly you can do a Google search for "infinity mirror" or "building infinity mirror".

Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 09:24:42 PM »

Hey,

Just reading your post - good information on the lights.  I was wondering about how those things worked.

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 04:08:59 AM »

I saw infinity lights built into a tabletop a few years ago. They started with a piece of mirror sat into a wood frame. Then they laid a row of minature christmas tree lights around the edge of the mirror, attaching them to the egde of the wood frame. The last step was to place a piece of one way mirror on top of the wood frame.  Hope this helps, Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 11:10:40 AM »

Directions for how to build one of these:  http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/include/15-how-to-build-an-Infinity-Mirror.php

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 11:13:25 AM »

Very interesting...  Thinking about how I could use this in my bus...

Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 11:32:29 AM »

Me too Brian.

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 05:05:40 AM »

Thinking wall treatment!  Maybe put it along the bare walls, under cabinets, etc.

I'm also thinking of using something like this in my center recessed ceiling area until I get my stained glass ceiling built.

Now, wonder if I can build it with LEDs!

OOOO, maybe you could build it into the exterior walls. Wouldn't that be cool driving down the road!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 05:28:45 AM »

Thinking wall treatment!  Maybe put it along the bare walls, under cabinets, etc.

I'm also thinking of using something like this in my center recessed ceiling area until I get my stained glass ceiling built.

Now, wonder if I can build it with LEDs!

OOOO, maybe you could build it into the exterior walls. Wouldn't that be cool driving down the road!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: