Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 01:31:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Slobber tube catch container  (Read 1232 times)
eagle10

Ignore
« on: August 05, 2006, 05:43:17 PM »

I have been thinking about putting a oil catcher on my Eagle 10. I thought I might use a 4 inch PVC pipe with a screw out drain in the end and drill two holes in it for the rubber hoses.  What  are some other ideas that you have used? Thanks.

y
Happycampersrus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 06:06:43 PM »

That is the way I made mine. 8" long with caps, 2 holes for the drain hoses. Also you need to have a vent on the top of the container. My airbox would pressurize and blow a hose off. Shocked I used a vent from an old DANA rearend housing. Cool

Dale
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 05:46:32 AM »

I used 3" PVC about 15" long. I drilled and tapped two  1/4"  holes in top and installed barbed fittings to attach the rubber hoes. I drilled and tapped a larger hole in the top (I think it was 1/2 or 3/4") and installed a vent off of a hydrasulic tank. One 1/4" hole drilled and tappped in the bottom of one of the end caps for a drain petcock an it was done. I mounted it to the frame under the engine of our MC-8 with two large hose clamps.  YMMV Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: