Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 16, 2014, 11:34:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $4.00 a Gallon Diesel  (Read 3567 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 11:53:29 AM »

You never know about these deals Rick last March everyone said I was throwing money away buying Ford Motor at a little over 2 bucks a share check it out sure wish I would have bought 50,000 shares now, but time will tell  

good luck
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 11:57:14 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 06:40:22 PM »

I live in a agricultural area and farmed for 15 years before my welding business basically took that over. I lived with dealing commodities constantly. Gambling in Vegas wasn't much of a thrill compared to the grain markets! Buy the rumor, sell the fact or was it buy the fact, sell the rumor!! Grin It gets your heart beating....

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
scenicruiser997

Owner of two Scenicruisers and one PD4905 Buffalo

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 07:27:13 AM »

I hate to let you know, but your  diesel fuel futures seller has given you some bad info.  As far as the Sun refinery in Tulsa, it was sold months ago to HOLLY out of Dallas.  They are in the process of looking at pouring lots of money into the Tulsa plant.  At this time Tulsa's old Sun was only producing lubricants.  But with HOLLY's purchase they will be bring that plant back up to producing low sulfur diesel. 

Aaron
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 07:47:48 AM »

997, I don't think he really gave me any bad info talking to some of the people I know at Sun in Tulsa they sold because of EPA upgrades and that old refinery is not scheluded to go back on line till late 2011.
FWIW I built the wax plant and packaging plant at the old Sun refinery along with some explosion proof controls rooms anyways I am a head of the game today and I hope it doesn't go to 4 bucks because I am not greedy, it doesn't take much of a increase on 2 units for me to make a little profit and I will be happy but we will see my profit will be at the gate not the pumps  

good luck
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 08:16:33 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
cody

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 08:11:08 AM »

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:44:10 PM by cody » Logged
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 09:24:06 AM »

Quote from: cody
Some of my ancestors came here for the same reason, luckily, I had other ancestors already here waiting to tie up the boat when they landed lol.

Quote from: HighTechRedneck
Good thing it was the boat that got tied up rather than one or the other set of ancestors.   Grin

You obviously don't know Cody, I would be willing that the boat and one of the ancestors got tied up! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
cody

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 09:26:28 AM »

« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:44:29 PM by cody » Logged
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 09:32:58 AM »

I plead the fifth lol

Shocked  fifth of what?  Shocked
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »

The shuttering of refineries is mostly a product of increased capacity that has come on line combined with lower demand - As of late refinery utilization rates are in the low 80's% range compared to say the mid 90's in 2003/4 - Refineries optimally run in the 90% range to produce the most profit - FWIW

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MOPUEUS2&f=M

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 09:44:29 PM »

I agree with Niles.  Refining capacity is not a large concern.  Some other factors are Mexico's drop in oil production and Venezuela diverting oil away from the US.

By not taxing oil as an asset we use more oil than we produce which in turn puts us at risk of rising prices.  We're obviously at the mercy of the spot fuel market but not so obviously financial markets.  I believe we will see more monetary arbitrage where oil is diverted to healthier currencies.

If $7.00 per gallon fuel puts a huge dent in your budget, now is a good time to adjust.  In SD the small cars that everybody paid a premium are now going below market.  Even new ones, the local AAA magazine highlighted a couple of small cars selling at what sounded like significant discounts.  Versa is the only name I remember. 

Jeremy,

Your idea of moving to Sweden fits in with the way the world operates.  I don't remember if it 18th or 19th when Wagoner's law came into vogue, over simplified it states, as a country becomes more prosperous taxes rise.  Because rich people expect a higher level of service from the government.

It seems yearly there are surveys that indicate Scandinavians are the happiest people on earth and they have the highest taxes.  The countries with the lowest taxes, think Somalia, tend to be at the bottom of the happiness scale.

Mike     

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 06:12:53 AM »

At least the folks in Sweden get somethng for all their taxes.  They get health care for all, retirement, mandatory vacation pay, and generous unemployment benefits.  We get some of this stuff in the USA, but not nearly the levels they offer.

At least one of the European countries has some sort of ban on workers being on-call after hours.  A software company I know routes all after hours calls to the USA because of this.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 06:24:43 AM »

I have a differnet concept.  I don't want the governemnt taking my money and I don't want my government to do anything except keep a strong military.  I don't want their healthcare, retirement, nothing at all.  They can keep it.  I saw an episode of COPS the other day and saw a man getting arrested for carrying a rifle.  It made it a felony because it was loaded.  How the heck did we allow the government to step all over the Constitution I will never know.  But the less educated in the Constitution we allow ourselves to become, the faster we deliver ourselves to slavery.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 06:46:48 AM »

Good morning all,

I'm sure everyone knows that if this goes much further off the original topic they're gonna shut it down.

I know it's hard to do but we function better as a board when we stick to bus issues.

Just my two cents,

Rick

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 07:13:58 AM »

Cody,

Looks like you might be making some money. Fuel went up .10 a gallon yesterday in OK  Grin
Good for you, bad for me  Cry

And the news last night said it was going to continue up  Angry

Bryan
billy6941

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »

It's gonna happen sooner than December, here. We already pay $3.81. It's strange, because I live 25 miles from the refinery and the oil comes out of the ground less than a hundred miles from here!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: