Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 01:16:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats a fair price for a passenger side door window??  (Read 2057 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2010, 08:05:06 PM »

I think Rick needs the whole window frame and all.  Not just the glass.

He dropped the door when removing it and damaged the window.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2010, 08:12:17 PM »

It seems that if the GLASS is BROKEN you could straighten the frame and have a NEW window put in

I guess maybe not -- It's a bus conversion and you gotta have a new frame and polished sides and slideouts and a hummer for a toad

It was just a thought that maybe a GLASS COMPANY that builds insulated glass could build one for him

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 05:02:00 AM »

I went back with single pane laminated glass 50 dollars at glass shop..cardboard pattern..couldn't tell diff in heat and air..

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 05:47:31 AM »

Hey all,

Sorry for the slow responses to your suggestions most of my family has been sick with a cold. To my wife's pure enjoyment I have actually lost my voice for the first time in 15 years! That son of mine collects colds... not butterflies, not baseball cards Noooooo he collects H1N1, strep, the croup. He's got quite a collection and he shares his collection with everyone here at the Barron household and most of St. Paull as well.

Here's where we're at, Gumpy graciously supplied me with his slightly and I do mean slightly broken window. One of the panes has about a 3 inch break in a corner so I'm gonna put this in until my life gets a little more manageable (Think Easter and I'm a Worship Pastor!) and then I'll check on either putting a new piece of glass in this and having it made into a true thermopane again or I will order a slider from Peninsula.

Michael and Christy if I don't use this it will be yours in a month or so knowing Gumpy he'll probably deliver the thing personally! Guys got a heart of gold and I'm glad to have him as a friend.

That's about it for my falling door, broken window saga...

Rick

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 12:48:14 PM »

Quote from: Singing Land Cruiser
If he dosen't want it, we will take it. Ours is thin plastic. PM me if we can have it. Tks, M&C Grin

M & C I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but.............................
Rick & Gumpy have MC 8/9 style buses and if I remember correctly yours is a 102A3 and...
the 2 won't interchange!  Sad
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: