As I continue to sort out the wiring other road blocks appear.
This is the multi pin connector for the main gages in the dash ( temp and oil).
It may not be clear in this almost in focus pic, but the wires are all frayed and shorting with each other, if you don't know how to open these plugs, this is what happens, PO seems to have twisted the hell out of this harness.
I cleaned up the frayed wires by crimping on and heat shrinking new wires.
re did the back of the panel as well
and while I was at it installed the new speedo.
this is the new harness I made to replace the frayed one
and this is the way the new speedo looks in the dash.
Not as nice as the original, the colors look cheesy, maybe I'll fix the original.
Speaking of original, this is my hand after working for 8 hours, stripping out parts from old scrapped buses, scavenging all the wiring etc I
needed, and basically grubbing about my filthy bus where everything is covered with 50 years of grime..