Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 27, 2014, 01:58:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TN Fall Bus Bash at Knuckle's Hello? Registration Time!  (Read 6486 times)
novice

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2006, 09:26:14 PM »

Thanks Bryce, but you didn't answer my question.  Our airbag that goes down overnight.  Someone said it may be the levelor valve.  Is this the kind of project we could do when we are there? If we need new parts like airbag, level valve, etc, will we be able to get them while we are there?
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2006, 09:46:09 AM »

Thanks Bryce, but you didn't answer my question.  Our airbag that goes down overnight.  Someone said it may be the levelor valve.  Is this the kind of project we could do when we are there? If we need new parts like airbag, level valve, etc, will we be able to get them while we are there?

Novice I'm sorry I totally spaced the question ! In fact I had to go back and reread to find out what it was, Yes this is the type of project we're talking about, and yes it is possible we can get parts (I got some, and I got a couple other sources who have them on the shelf) but I can't guarantee what we'll need until we find the problem! Also it is not uncommon for the airbags to go down overnight on older buses so you may want to take this into consideration as to how much $ you wanna spend on the one as fixing it could just be in vain if the others start doing it in the near future! I'm not trying to talk you outta fix'n it just want ya to consider the options! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
novice

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2006, 07:13:42 PM »

Thanks Bryce, we're looking forward to it. 
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2006, 09:03:06 AM »

"Hey, Hey, Hey! It's ___ ______ 'EY" (If you remember where that came from you are atleast as old s I am, and yes I some what resemble the "guy" who used to say it! LOL!) Anyway I just came back from the PO Box and got another registration form back! That's 2 NOW! 2nd one is from Miami, FL ! [/b][/size][/color] And I've had some phone call confirmations! One gent who lives near my Dad in Gilbertsville, KY (Calvert City/Benton AREA) called Dad and said he just got back from an 8,000 mile trip to Alaska & back in his 9 and is planning on making it an hour down here for the bash! So Hey,Hey,Hey! Ya'll fuel prices are dropping (I made a phone call to the oil companies and told tem they were killing the "Folks who wished they could afford to come to the TN FALL BUS BASH[/color]" and they told me they'd see what they could do! LOL!!! ** and if ya believe that I got Swamp land in AZ & Ocean front property in TN for sale too!** LOL!) Seriously folks ! I only paid $2.63 a gallon yesterday! Yea! I know it still needs to come down a couple more dollars a gallon, but hey that land I got for sale is priced right! LOL! Ok folks time is getting nearer and I'm not depressed 'bout having to refund NCBob all that extra $ he spent for a prime/private spot LOL! 'cause if 2 more buses besides him show up, I can space 'm out 5 bus spots away from him on each side and still give him his 10 spots and keep his extra $ ! LOL! & if enough show up I'll have enough to be able to refund his extra $ LOL!  Just kidd'n Bob !

Hey Folks come on out and have a good time, we're gonna have at least 1 bus up from Miami, FL, and another who's been on an awesome journey to Alaska and back plus Bob and Jackie from NC by way of Timmonsville! Hopefully El Sonador will make it down from Canada also (even though he's extremely busy with his new biz aquistion these days!), he hasn't been able to confirm as of yet! (but this all started at his suggestion, and we're counting on him!)

Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin So everyone get off the couch (and into the COACH) & come on to the TN FALL BUS BASH![/size] And meet these folks who are doing what we all dream of doing! Using their coaches to TRAVEL!  (and long distances I might add!) Shocked Cool Roll Eyes Undecided[/color][/b][/size]

Think of the great stories, travel tips & suggestions you'll be able to get in person from these " World Travelers! " be here or or well just be somewhere less fun!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 09:53:18 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2006, 04:29:03 PM »

Hi jack me will ya?HuhHuh?? Folks y'all come to Timmonsville.  Gas HERE is $2.31 per gallon and dropping!!!! Plus you don't have to be on a wanted poster to be at our rally.  As an added bonus at OUR rally...........All the bus nuts get to meet and greet, the one, the only, the greatest CAT in the world!!!!!

BUMP

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2006, 04:42:39 PM »

Hi jack me will ya?HuhHuh?? Folks y'all come to Timmonsville.  Gas HERE is $2.31 per gallon and dropping!!!! Plus you don't have to be on a wanted poster to be at our rally.  As an added bonus at OUR rally...........All the bus nuts get to meet and greet, the one, the only, the greatest CAT in the world!!!!!
BUMP

The buses coming here run on Diesel fuel! Gas here is $2.28 & dropping! LOL! BK  Grin
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 04:45:32 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

belfert

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2006, 08:14:01 PM »

It looks like I will come if I can figure out the vacation time.  I already will end up with two and half unpaid days after my week trip at end of the month since I took my vacation time to work on the bus. 

I may see if I can convince the boss to loan me some vacation time since I bump up to four weeks vacation next year (not including two weeks sick time).  I don't see using all four weeks next year as two of my regular vacation trips overlap next year.  (We accrue vacation time throughout the year.)

Brian Elfert
Dallas

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2006, 05:42:21 AM »

As of 7.50 AM EST today, The diesel price at the TA in Florence was $2.599/gallon.

At the Pilot it was $2.569

Flying J at Latta: $2.549

Bump!
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2006, 07:52:19 AM »

As an added bonus at OUR rally...........All the bus nuts get to meet and greet, the one, the only, the greatest CAT in the world!!!!!
BUMP

Do you really mean it?

Sonny Gray AKA Catskinner is going to be there with his awesome CAT powered Eagle?

WoW I may have to show up just fer that! LOL!  BK  Grin[/b][/color]

Uhmmm, I'm sorry Cat I just couldn't stop myself , I was gonna ask last night and decided no too. But after not being able to sleep thinking about Sonny's awesome Eagle being at Timmonsville I could not sleep well at all with the anticipation!  So I had to ask! LOL!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 08:02:40 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2006, 03:39:20 PM »

I don't normally promote anything on this Board....but in this case...I'm extending a personal invitation to all who might be in the NW Tennesee area around the Halloween weekend to get on over to Union City and enjoys the comradrie and libations and of course the Pig Roast that Busted Knuckle is going to have for all of us that weekend. Tongue

Even though there hasn't been that many registrations yet, and if you haven't sent yours in...please do so...we're planning on this being the best party that area has seen in many years. Cheesy

So, search your calenders and get on board.  Knuckle has offered the use of the shop and the pit for those jobs you've been putting off and naturally your time will need to be scheduled.  The rest of us BusNuts will be happy to shout encouragement while we're enjoying watching someone else work. Huh

Time's running out...get that registration in.  I'll be happy to cancel all of my 10 reserved spots in favor of having another BusNut parked next to me! Grin

NCbob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2006, 09:15:27 AM »

I don't normally promote anything on this Board....but in this case...I'm extending a personal invitation to all who might be in the NW Tennesee area around the Halloween weekend to get on over to Union City and enjoys the comradrie and libations and of course the Pig Roast that Busted Knuckle is going to have for all of us that weekend. Tongue
Even though there hasn't been that many registrations yet, and if you haven't sent yours in...please do so...we're planning on this being the best party that area has seen in many years. Cheesy
So, search your calenders and get on board.  Knuckle has offered the use of the shop and the pit for those jobs you've been putting off and naturally your time will need to be scheduled.  The rest of us BusNuts will be happy to shout encouragement while we're enjoying watching someone else work. Huh

Time's running out...get that registration in.  I'll be happy to cancel all of my 10 reserved spots in favor of having another BusNut parked next to me! Grin
NCbob

Uhm, ahh, ahh, uhm, aa, well Bob remember when ya called the other night an I was head'n into town for supper(an a few shots of Tequilla, a couple margarita's an maybe a mexican beer or 2) at my favorite mexican joint? Aah, uhm ahhh, ummmm, well that cute little senorita and the bar ended up with most of YOUR $ ! So if I'm gonna refund any of yer extra $ there are gonna have to BE more people show up! LOL! I will be happy however to take ya'll into town and let ya enjoy some good old fashioned authentic Mexican food, drink and hospitality! LOL! BK!

Hey Folks let's start letting me know about how many to expect, so we can plan how to set up parking, purchase food, and plan events! Please even if you don't wish to pay 'til ya get here, PLEASE at least drop me a line or post here that your planning to attend! I'd hate to decide not buy the pig (especially since I spent Bob's extra spot $ already) and then have lots of people show up angry at me for not having it! Hot dogs anyone? BK  Grin

"TN FALL BUS BASH" Oct 26th thru 31st Be here or well .... .....well be somewhere less fun! LOL!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2006, 11:39:44 AM »

Opps! Let's modify this an start at the Deleware Rally! LOL!

Bruce & Nicks Gig Deleware Sept 22nd-24th
Eagles Bash Branson, MO Oct 2nd-5th
Dallas & Cats Shindig Timmonsville, SC Oct 5th-8th
Christy's Jersey Round Up Carthage, MO Oct 13th-15th
TN Fall Bus Bash @ Knuckle's Union City, TN Oct 26th-31st
PLEASE do not wait till the last minute to sign up or worse yet, just plan on dropping in.  All rallies take a lot of planning .  We must know how many folks are coming so we can plan the activities.  I am sure we plan for a few extra, but if we are overwhelmed with folks we did not plan for, that becomes unfair to everybody.  End of soap box!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get those registrations into Bruce/Nick, Byron, Dallas & Cat, Christy, & Me and look at all the fun you'll have going to Deleware to Branson, MO to Timmonsville, SC, to Carthage MO, and then here to Union City, TN for an excellent extended month long adventure of camping and commodere! BK!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2006, 04:26:09 PM »

So, now, here's a thought Shocked. . . look at the line up Wink. . . do you guys notice how a couple could just hit these rallies, one after another, bam, bam, bam.  I'm thinking that this should be an annual line-up. . . except Dallas' gathering should come, next year, the last weekend in September (if he's agreeable to that of course). . . the 29th, so that one could start in Delaware, head down to Timmonsville, head over to Branson, and then to Carthage, and then to BK's place in TN.  Wouldn't that be a cool run?  A month of bus-funnin'! Grin

So, what do you think?  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2006, 04:37:08 PM »

So, now, here's a thought Shocked. . . look at the line up Wink. . . do you guys notice how a couple could just hit these rallies, one after another, bam, bam, bam.  I'm thinking that this should be an annual line-up. . . except Dallas' gathering should come, next year, the last weekend in September (if he's agreeable to that of course). . . the 29th, so that one could start in Delaware, head down to Timmonsville, head over to Branson, and then to Carthage, and then to BK's place in TN.  Wouldn't that be a cool run?  A month of bus-funnin'! Grin

So, what do you think?  Christy

Christy I think WE speak for the majority, when I agree with you that the Timmonsville date be changed next year for an extended month of bus'n fun! Just think everyone could caravan together as we all know there is safety in #'s ! BK  Grin

So this year it's like this!

Eagles Bash Branson, MO Oct 2nd-5th

Dallas & Cats Shindig Timmonsville, SC Oct 5th-8th

Christy's Jersey Round Up Carthage, MO Oct 13th-15th

TN Fall Bus Bash @ Knuckle's Union City, TN Oct 26th-31st

PLEASE do not wait till the last minute to sign up or worse yet, just plan on dropping in.  All rallies take a lot of planning .  We must know how many folks are coming so we can plan the activities.  I am sure we plan for a few extra, but if we are overwhelmed with folks we did not plan for, that becomes unfair to everybody.  End of soap box!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get those registrations into Bruce/Nick, Byron, Dallas & Cat, Christy, & Me and look at all the fun you'll have going to Deleware to Branson, MO to Timmonsville, SC, to Carthage MO, and then here to Union City, TN for an excellent extended month long adventure of camping and commodere! BK!  Grin

an next year it should be!

Dallas & Cats Shindig Timmonsville, SC Sept 28th-30th

Eagles Rally Branson, MO Oct 8th-11

Christy's Jersey Round Up Carthage, MO Oct 12th-14th

TN Fall Bus Bash @ Knuckle's Union City, TN Oct 18th-23rd

PLEASE do not wait till the last minute to sign up or worse yet, just plan on dropping in.  All rallies take a lot of planning .  We must know how many folks are coming so we can plan the activities.  I am sure we plan for a few extra, but if we are overwhelmed with folks we did not plan for, that becomes unfair to everybody.  End of soap box!____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get those registrations into Bruce/Nick, Byron, Dallas & Cat, Christy, & Me and look at all the fun you'll have going to Deleware to Branson, MO to Timmonsville, SC, to Carthage MO, and then here to Union City, TN for an excellent extended month long adventure of camping and commodere! BK!

Ok I fixed my earlier screw up! LOL! I was in a hurry between bus maintenance & cleaning jobs and was try'n to think but nothin happened! LOL! BK  Grin
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 06:54:53 PM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Dallas

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2006, 05:10:36 PM »

Hey BK,
I thought I'd put your registration form up here and also put a link at the bottom, in case someone doesn't know how to find it or copy, paste and print!

Come on everyone, lets get those registrations in before it's too late!

TN Fall Bus Bash Registration Form
October 26th -31st (come earlier or stay longer if you wish!)
Boon docking Event (water & dumping available, a few spots w/electricity possibly available)

Names of all in party ___________________________________________________________

Number in Party____________________________________________________________

Date of planned arrival (just put when you think you’ll be arriving) ___________________

Date of planned departure (same as above)_______________________________________

Type of camp spot desired _______________________________________________

Is electricity a must have item? ___________________________________________
Pets are welcomed!  We’d just like to get to know them, as well as our other guest!
Pets? ______ Type __________ Names __________________________________

Year of Bus _______ Make & Model & Color of Bus ______________________________

Activities most interested in?___________________________________________________ _____________________________________________________________________

Special accommodations, needs, desires, or requests to make your visit enjoyable ? _____

Ideas, suggestions or comments to help us plan or make this event an enjoyable success?

Fee is $ 35.00 Advance registration (electricity extra & collected at check in)! Now thru 10-12-06!!!   $50.00 Late or drive in registrations at time of event.

General shop time for inspections and small projects FREE!!!!! (you provide materials, and assist in labor, hopefully others will pitch in and help also, making these group projects!)
Shop hourly rate for us making repairs, service work, etc. $ 50.00/hr and scheduled on available time basis or after bus bash (to make sure everyone has a chance to get they’re bus in the shop!

Link to the calander listing and registraion form to download:

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=1160.0
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 05:13:00 PM by Dallas » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: