Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 06:37:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pressure Pro  (Read 2649 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« on: March 21, 2010, 01:26:09 PM »

I thought I would pass this on in case I was not the only one that didn't know.  I was doing some research on the Pressure Pro Tire Monitor System and found that the sensors can not have the battery replaced.  They estimate the life span to be from 3-5 years.  The life span is seriously affected by how much of the time it is actually on the tire since, while installed, it is continually sending out its signal.  To shut the sensor down and increase its battery life, it must be removed from the tire.  Hence, if you are not using your bus for a bit, you should remove the sensors and store them in such a way that they go back on the same tire for your next trip. 

You don't have to believe everything you think.
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 02:53:53 PM »

Lin,

I think if you just back them off past the point of the valve and leave them on the stem you would be fine. Its what I did with mine. Then place a sticky note on the steering wheel to remember to spin them back on before the next trip.

Bryan
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 03:46:27 PM »

That does not sound like a good way to go after spending all that money?

John
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 03:56:28 PM »

John,

If you want to remove them completely and label them that's a choice. I prefer not to remove them completely.
Before you leave, turn on the Pressure Pro. If it does not read then you know you forgot to snug them down. Pretty simple.

Bryan
philiptompkjns

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 04:39:50 PM »

how much do the sensors cost?

1990 102a3... Just got started, don't  know  what I'm doing.
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2010, 04:47:32 PM »

Phil- They're 50 bucks each (don't you wish you had an 18 wheeler?), but I am told that you can mail your old ones back to the manufacturer and they will give you $10-$15 off.

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2010, 04:49:35 PM »

50 bucks each I have 10 for sale with the monitor new in the box

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 05:26:09 PM »

50 bucks each I have 10 for sale with the monitor new in the box

Can you post an ad over the Spare Tire so we know how much you want for the Pressure Pro?  (No ads here you know.)

For the others, I think I would remove the Pressure Pro senders all together and replace with regular valve caps if parked for a long time.  Maybe put the sensors on the driver seat as a reminder to reinstall.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 08:14:44 PM »

It would be nice to be told that when you buy them. I had no idea. We use our bus all the time, so, taking them off, or fooling with them at all would b a pain. Man, with the bus and trailer, that adds up to 200 per year, 12 moniters x 50.00  If they last 3-5 yrs, i am sure for us it will be 3. I know there is a lot of instances that it can save you money if there is a problem, but, i dont know that they will be replaced when they stop working.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 08:45:05 PM »

Ruthi,

I was talking to Jim about that a month ago. I think he said his had been on for over 5 years and never taken them off. You might ask him. Also I think it is about $25-$35 per when the battery dies. Again check with Jim.

Bryan
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 09:04:10 PM »

Ruthi,

Bryan is right.  I checked with the manufacturer and they said they give 40% off on exchange.  I did not start this thread to discourage anyone from buying them, just wanted to pass on the option of battery conservation.  Considering the possibilities, they could really save the day.

Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 10:19:20 PM »

I got mine six years ago and only two have failed since then and I leave them on the bus all the time but remove the ones on the towed Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 05:30:45 AM »

Thanks for the info guys. Some of you know I bought ours xmas for hubby. This last yr has been a bad yr for us as far as getting taken advantage of with purchases and people doing work for us. When I read this thread, I thought here we go again, lol. I got a little upset to think that they would only last 3 yrs, when I didnt realize the batteries were not replaceable. Hopefully, ours will last a few yrs, and if they give that much off, it will be worth it for peace of mind.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 05:51:19 AM »

Ruthi,
   We have never removed our sensors (coach or Toad) since installing them about 6 or 7 years ago. Occasionally I now loose signal for one, then it picks it back up.  I was told a couple weeks ago that the battery is probably getting low and that I have to send the sensor back with $30 for a replacement. Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 06:07:10 AM »

???has anyone cut one open to see if they can be home done ???or do they have a tool to open them up?

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: