Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 27, 2014, 01:59:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I fell off  (Read 2933 times)
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2006, 08:22:16 AM »

I was on the roof of my bus washing it , and fell off.
That new paint is slippery.
I landed on my left hip.
I spent all day yesterday in the emergency room.
Thank God, nothing is broken; but it sure does hurt!
While I was in ER waiting for the results of the X-rays, the doc gave me a nice shot.
Too bad I couldn't bring some of that stuff home with me!
Ednj Cry

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 08:25:01 AM »

Sorry to hear about yer injury! That reminds me why I only wash what I can reach with an extendable brush from the ground up! Hope you get up and around soon! BK

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Greg Roberts

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 08:30:10 AM »

Bless your heart! I am sure you (and all of us) will relive that fall over and over in our minds. I know I do and can only imagine what such a thing would do to your psyche. I am glad you are not permenantly injured.

This brings up the subject of safety rails (and non-skid additive to the paint too). Has anyone added removable safety posts and cahins (or other design) to their coach? I would love to hear what others have done and consider what I should do on my coach. Of course I am interested in adding safety so that quality time could be spent up there for a NASCAR event or other.

Check out my Eagle 20 here: http://photobucket.com/GregRobertsEagle20
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 08:44:54 AM »

Ed,

Glad it wasn't any worse.

As you can testify, its not the fall that hurts, but that sudden stop at the ground. Grin

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Dallas

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 09:03:13 AM »

Ed,
Don't feel too bad, I've fallen off of my 4103 at least 4 times and I've found out it hurts a lot more each time I do it.
I've also learned that I don't bounce as well now that I'm in my 50's.
The shot's that the nice doctors give you are great, except when your 11 year old daughter is the one that's 'spose to drive you home.
That happened to me about 9 years ago and I'm sure I and my daughter will never forget.

I owned a 1970 Mustang, 351W, 4speed Muncie M22 (Rock Crusher), 4.11 rear gears, rollers and rockers, 2500 stall TC and it would do 11.9 in the quarter.
My daughter had never, ever, ever driven before...... It took us 2 hours and 15 minutes to go 11 blocks to the house.

I count myself lucky that we didn't get stopped, or kill someone... I couldn't even talk after the shot. Let alone drive.

Remember everyone, These things are not toys, and even if your only 21, climbing on a roof that's 9' to 11' in the air can seriously screw up your weekend!

Ya'll have fun, and don't fall off!

Dallas

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 09:55:14 AM »

Ed,
Don't feel too bad, I've fallen off of my 4103 at least 4 times and I've found out it hurts a lot more each time I do it.
The shot's that the nice doctors give you are great, except when your 11 year old daughter is the one that's 'spose to drive you home.
That happened to me about 9 years ago and I'm sure I and my daughter will never forget.

I owned a 1970 Mustang, 351W, 4speed Muncie M22 (Rock Crusher), 4.11 rear gears, rollers and rockers, 2500 stall TC and it would do 11.9 in the quarter.
My daughter had never, ever, ever driven before...... It took us 2 hours and 15 minutes to go 11 blocks to the house.

I count myself lucky that we didn't get stopped, or kill someone... I couldn't even talk after the shot. Let alone drive.

Remember everyone, These things are not toys, and even if your only 21, climbing on a roof that's 9' to 11' in the air can seriously screw up your weekend!

Dallas

Dallas sounds like a nice car but there's a problem with the description! A 2500 stall torque converter in a 4 speed equipped car Huh Sorry I'm mustang/car nut also and the two don't mix! A torque converter is used to transfer power to an automatic trans simular to a clutch, when was the last time you had one of dos shots? LOL! BK Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Chariotdriver

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 10:52:46 AM »

I know that this may sound like overkill,.. but I bought a used scissor lift on ebay to help rebuild our store from Katrina.
  If I get a bus I now know of another use for the lift.
 It has a great platform to walk back and forth instead of a ladders footprint.
  It cost 1000.00 and may be the best thing to have for roof and side detail work.
 Now back to bus hunting so that I can get my money out of the lift.
Phil

Phil Webb
Pass Christian, MS
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 11:38:07 AM »

Ed,

Glad you are doing better, and thanks for sharing this story with us as a reminder to BE CAREFUL!!!!

Best Wishes - Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
belfert

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 11:54:49 AM »

I cut two holes in my roof the other day for the air conditioners.  I told my buddy after I cut them I better not step in them now.  We had to put the tarp back on, and what did I do but almost stepped in one!  I hope I never fall off my bus roof!

I'm suprised Cat lets Dallas up on the roof as many times as he has fallen off.

Brian Elfert
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 12:11:50 PM »

I cut two holes in my roof the other day for the air conditioners.  I told my buddy after I cut them I better not step in them now.  We had to put the tarp back on, and what did I do but almost stepped in one!  I hope I never fall off my bus roof!

I'm suprised Cat lets Dallas up on the roof as many times as he has fallen off.

Brian Elfert

Brian, she keeps the papers onthe life insurance policy in the front pocket of her purse where she'll be able to find them in the very near future! LOL! BK Grin
Sorry Dallas just pok'n fun at ya buddy !

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Ace

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 12:28:37 PM »

Hey BK even a 2500 stall converter is pretty weak! I had a big block (402 c.i.) vega with a 400 turbo that had a 8 inch 5500 stall converter. Now that baby would launch!
I removed the m-22 rock crusher and put in a doug nash 5 speed but that got old on the street so in went the 400 turbo! THAT,  my boy was  a lot of fun! Smiley

Ace
Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 02:36:32 PM »

I was on the roof of my bus washing it , and fell off.
That new paint is slippery.
I landed on my left hip.

You goofed.  When that happens, you're *supposed* to say, "I don't believe in gravity."
That makes you immune from falling.

At least that's what I tell folks who claim they "don't believe in God".  Doesn't matter
whether you believe it or not, facts is facts, and facts can be very inconvenient --
even if you're a former US VP who lost an election and still trying to get attention
over that "global warming" nonsense.  :-)  This year ain't near as hot as the summer
of 1930, when records were broken that still stand unbroken to this day.  An
"inconvenient truth" is that man creates an infinitesimal amount of carbon dioxide
in comparision with the normal production of CO2 by nature itself.

Next time, stay off of the roof. :-)

Clarke "too soon old, too late smart" Echols
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 02:41:19 PM »

Sorry about your fall, I've 2 trips to the emergency room from my bus but not from falling.
 I was on a bus that they had added a sand like substance to the paint, only on the roof of course!. Had I only known, I would have done the same thing.
                                                                                Work?/Play safely Jim

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Dallas

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 02:54:46 PM »

Ed,

Dallas

Dallas sounds like a nice car but there's a problem with the description! A 2500 stall torque converter in a 4 speed equipped car Huh Sorry I'm mustang/car nut also and the two don't mix! A torque converter is used to transfer power to an automatic trans simular to a clutch, when was the last time you had one of dos shots? LOL! BK Grin

HAHAHAHA! Geez, I musta fallen on my head! I got my ex wifes car mixed up with it too! Hers was a 71 Mustang with a 302 and an auto. It was fast but mine was a lot faster... I had to be able to out run her!!! I still don't know how I typed that, probably too many ice cold adult beverages. Or, I plead the fifth! Maybe even 2 fifths and a lot of mixer!

Dallas!
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2006, 04:52:12 PM »

Sorry to hear about your fall Ed! Cry

I too, about took a dive off ours, when I was handing the hose down to Larry after washing the a/c units.  The interesting thing I noticed was that, when I wobbled, his movement was not toward me and the bus, ready to catch me if I can hurtling towards him, but rather he looked ready to turn tail and run! Undecided  I swear, that slight movement he made was AWAY from the site if the accident, until he realized that indeed, I was not on the way down.  He did make a quick recovery and tried to act as if he was concerned for my safety, but the truth was, I think if I had taken the dive, I too would have hit the ground, rather than falling into the loving arms of my husband! Shocked 

I am glad you didn't break anything, but I'll bet you're going to be sore for awhile.  This is a good reminder for all of us how quickly an accident can happen and to keep our insurance premiums paid! Wink  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: