Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 10:17:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I fell off  (Read 2793 times)
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2006, 05:12:01 PM »

Dallas,
Your story about your daughter driving you home was priceless!  I used to have a well preserved '50 Plymouth and taught my daughter to drive on it.  Told her she was probably the only kid in her school that could drive a three on the tree.

Took it by the garage one day to have it inspected and a sticker put on.  THe kid mechanic looked under the hood when I raised it, saw the flathead six, did a double take and looked bewildered.  He then asked me, "what kind of motor is THAT?

Pretty good old car.  Shoulda kept it!

Dennis
Hi Yo Silver!

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2006, 06:24:17 PM »

You aint alone...

I was on the roof of my RTS back in the day 6 months after having a triple bypass, slipped on a wet spot and tangled
with the extension ladder as my feet slid into the rungs of the ladder, I flipped sideways and crashed head first into the ground
next to the front tire complete with my legs still tangled in the ladder. Very much an Ouch !

I guess I laid there for about 10 minutes trying to take inventory before I tried to get up. Called my wife on the cell phone
and told her that I fall down go boom... She hauled me to the ER, they took pictures and didn't find anything.. ( At ALL! ) Roll Eyes

Ever since I get this "LOOK" when I say I have to go up on top of anything.. I also Bungee Cord the ladder firmly in place
to the drip rail so it doesn't slide out from under. I don't wash roofs with cleaner any time I plan on walking up there, I use
a ladder, bungee cords and extendable RV brush.

No job is properly done until you have bled on it a couple of times....

Get Well Ed.... It only hurts when you laugh at yourself... Oh.......That's gonna leave a mark..... Undecided

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Bosshosssport96

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2006, 06:30:28 PM »

When ever I or who ever gets up on my roof of my buses,must remove two items,shoes and socks,shoes will damage the paint,and socks are two slippery to be walking on paint,bare feet are lot better for traction purposes while up on the roof.For washing the roof,I don't get up on the roof,I do it from a stand and wash with an extendable wand of sorts........Frank
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2006, 06:59:01 PM »

Jeezzzzz Ed,

I'll bet you are in pain.....

Hope ya feel better..
Nick

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Dale MC8

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2006, 08:37:20 PM »

At the RV dealership I used to work at (I retired) we got down on hands and knees to do any work on the roof first thing in the dewy, slippery morning. Never saw anyone slip off. Did learn a few new words though.  Roll Eyes Dale

Dale MC8

In Theory, theory and practice are the same.
In Practice, they aren't.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: