Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 09:37:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Towing Wrangler  (Read 839 times)
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:58:32 PM »

I made a new bumper for my 06 Wrangler w/brackets for a tow bar.  Now I need to wire for lites. Is there a simple kit for these? It has a combination brake turn lite. Many Thanks,  Tom

Tom Yaegle
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 08:10:53 PM »

Tom, they have one at napa or auto zone and the cost is around 80  bucks.
I have always just put and extra socket and bulb in the tail lite on every Wranger I had, run the wiring to the front with a female plug on the end ,the old extension cords do work good for that it cost around 10 bucks and you never have to worry about back feed doing damage.

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 04:28:15 AM »

Clifford, Thanks I asked at Napa and they said no. Quess I need to ask another. The extra socket you put in, are in combination with the stock ones? Did you also do the 3rd brake lite? Did you tie into the running lites? Thanks Tom

Tom Yaegle
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 04:57:04 AM »

Tom, there is plenty of room inside the tail lite for the extra socket and bulb and no I don't have the running lights tied into mine the one wire CAN system on a Jeep is a little above me that why I just add a socket.
I tried to wire the running lights but some how I damaged the wire to right light on the front fender and Jeep charges $115.00 for that one wire .
It is a simple setup and it works for me

good luck
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:27:32 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
jmblake
Jason & Martha Blake

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 09:19:49 AM »

Tom,
I did the same as luvrbus did on our Envoy, I just popped the light out and had lots of room to drill a hole for the extra socket and then run the wires to the front. That way I didn't have to cut into any of the cars wiring and mess up any electronic stuff. Jason

Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 05:30:17 PM »

Thanks, Guys.  Tom

Tom Yaegle
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: