Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 21, 2014, 09:05:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is up with diesel prices?  (Read 2899 times)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 05:25:14 AM »

Welcome aboard, Billy. Enjoy yourself!

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 07:31:27 AM »

Being concerned with fuel costs and affording the fuel costs are issues that concern us all, not that many of us have the deep pockets that some others may have, 5 dollar fuel may be slightly more than an inconvineance to some but for most of us it's a major issue that we have to deal with, I was out on the road on an extended run when the price was spiking and it did cut into the budget, not enough to stop us but enough to make us wonder where it was ultimately heading. The price of fuel would have to get conciderably higher before we stop but it does mean we may cut other expenses to compensate.  Being born incredibly good looking instead of rich is a curse that many of us are faced with lol.
Bob Gil
Bob Gilbreath bobgil@sbcglobal.net

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 08:02:58 AM »

If obama has his way with this cap and trade stuff fuel will be over $8.00 a gal if we are allopwed to buy it.

Fort Worth, Texas where GOD is so close you don't even need a phone!

1968 GM Bus of unknown model 6V53 engine (aftermarket) converted with house hold items.

Had small engine fire and had no 12 volt system at time of purchase. 
Coach is all 110 w 14KW diesel genrator
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 10:22:40 AM »

For us, to travel, or not to travel is not an option. We are on the road for work 3, sometimes 4 weeks a month. We fill the bus up on an average, 1 to 2 times a week, on average. So, this just means each time it goes up, we make less and less. Filling up 165 gallon tank is no laughing matter.  Shocked  I dont see how the economy can get better with those kind of fuel prices. As it goes up, I guess we will become the poor working class,lol, cause not working is not an option. Grin  Not to get political on here, but.........We Did not vote for Obama. Roll Eyes

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »

I noticed on my drive home that diesel prices skyrocketed overnight!  One station went from $2.95 to $3.09.  The next station was at $3.19 and they were also at $2.95 yesterday.

At this rate we'll be paying $7.00 in a year or two if the economy turns around a bit.

"Hope and Change" = "Hope I have some change left."
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 10:50:23 AM »

Staion near us went from 2.88 to 2.98 overnight (Wednesday). At least WalMart was still 2.88, so we filled up. Haven't been to town today if there are any new changes.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
BobBoyce
Near Murphy, NC

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 10:53:20 AM »

I was actually considering hybridizing my 1988 RTS a few years ago. I had found a newer 40' electric airport shuttle bus that had caught fire and burned in the passenger compartment. The electric Rockwell axle, batteries, charger, and motor speed controller, were all intact. The auction closed with no bids, not even the $50 starting bid. I was unable to get a price quote from a logal big rig tow operator for the tow to bring it here, and without a quote I was not willing to risk losing my account for failure to pick up the property.

With the range it had, I could have spent a week here or a week there while solar charging the traction pack in between 100 miles runs for electric-only operation. Or fired up a large diesel genset for providing power on demand for extending runtime on longer trips.

Bob

1988 TMC RTS T70606 6V92TA DDEC-IV
Raleigh, NC - Capitol Area Transit #1205

1994 TMC RTS T70606 Series 50 DDEC-IV
Tallahassee, FL - FSU Campus Shuttle #9410
prevost82
82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed

82 Prevost Marathon XL

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 11:08:03 AM »

The wife and I have changed our retirement plan (retiring within the next 2yrs). We were planning on full timing in the bus with extensive travel plans, I also bought the bus when fuel prices were low. Over the past year we have re-thought those plans because of fuel prices and where they may go in the future ... it's just to big of a gamble to take, for us, not knowing where they may end up. Our plan is to travel not sit in a RV park because we can't afford the fuel. The scarry thing is if fuel is at these prices today with 75% of the world in reccesion and low demand what's it going to be when we pull out of this mess.

So we bought a beach house in Mexico (Gulf Coast) and plan to live there during the winter months (6months) and fly back to Canada and travel in the bus during the summer (6months). If fuel prices get to high for a year or WHY ... we'll just stay in Mexico year round until fuel becomes affordable again.
Rick 74 MC-8

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 04:15:25 PM »

Look at the positive side. When fuel was $460 a gallon a couple years ago it was real easy to budget fuel for a trip $5.00 gallon 5 MPG = $1.00 a mile When the trip was over there was money left so we went out for dinner (McDonald's) LOL We still had a great trip I love my bus. Still don't like Micky Ds

Rick 74-mc-8

About 20 Miles West Of Chicago
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: