Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 05:12:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Score: House 1 -- Bus 0  (Read 2899 times)
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 06:45:30 PM »

Great idea, Russ, with the wavy lines. But the way I paint, it might look more like Partridge Family than Picasso.  Cool  And the cap they stuck over my Buff's signature hump is bad enough. I'm afraid the lines might make me look like I'm trying to join the S&S crowd for good.  Cheesy

Yes, I did read your great treatise on steering the back wheels of a coach. Obviously, still not doing it... but I can pretty much bet the farm that I'll never hit the house again. Light poles, canopies, other vehicles... remains to be seen, but not the house.

And you can bet that Momma won't let me soon forget!  Grin

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 10:08:25 AM »

"Maybe the same thing at the back, too.  Just be sure to match the other side!" quoted from earlier post!

Why? Who's gonna be able to see both sides at the same time? We once did a paint job on a van with very subtle differences on the 2 sides and it was funny to watch people look at oneside then look at the other then start going back and forth trying to compare them ! LOL !! Hey remember it's yours do it yer way!  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 08:49:08 AM »

BTDT...

When I put my extension on my house, I wasn't planning on getting a bus (actually I just plain wasn't planning cause I only made it 8' wide). When I got the first bus, it fit. I have pictures to prove it. I took the vinyl gutter off the house, though, and then widened the driveway extension to 12.5'. Now it's much easier to get in and out of.

I also took out the neighbor's mailbox across the street once. It was in pretty bad shape, though, and needed replaced anyway.

I impressed the hell out of my wife and a couple other people last night, though. I pulled a 6x12 U-haul trailer back from CO and got home a little after 10 pm last night. I backed the bus and trailer off the street and into the driveway extension next to the house, where I normally park the bus. There were two cars watching this as they waited to get by (I'm surprised they didn't start honking or drive on the neighbor's grass to get by). I wasn't too impressed, though, as I had to make 2 adjustments to get it right. I should have been able to do it on the first try.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2006, 10:15:51 AM »

I impressed the hell out of my wife

Yeah, right...... If you didn't get it in writing, it does not count.

Even if it is in writing, it won't count for much!  Grin  Shocked  Cry

Glad you all made it home OK. Hope the trip was fun!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »

Yeah, right...... If you didn't get it in writing, it does not count.

Even if it is in writing, it won't count for much!  Grin  Shocked  Cry

Glad you all made it home OK. Hope the trip was fun!

Good point Sad

I think she was sincere, though. She doesn't just dole out those kinds of comments every day.

Kind of like when I impressed all her family by parallel parking my bus on the curb one day at her brother's house. Not a big deal for me, but it sure makes them all think I know what I'm doing Smiley

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: