Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 03:54:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying parts for MCI 9 1979  (Read 1714 times)
tnichol
MC-9 1979 - A work in progress

Ignore
« on: April 06, 2010, 02:17:24 PM »

Greetings folks -
I'm a brand new owner of an old bus.  Its a 1979 MCI 9 - I'm looking for a good source for parts either new or used to replace old/broken parts of my bus.

My first objective is to replace the yellow marker lights (yellow lights up high on the back cap of the coach). Some of them are cracked or otherwise damaged - I know this because I found significant rust on the inside (frame) as I removed insulation back there. 

I have tried a few times unsuccessfully to register on MCI's site - they say they have an online catalog, but force you to register and be approved first - they also ask for a customer number. I've registered twice, but don't hear from them.  Perhaps its because I'm an individual and not own a fleet?

Anyway - recommendations on how/where to buy replacement parts?

bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 02:37:25 PM »

my personal unpaid commercial goes to

LUKE at US Coach!
UScoach at att.net
856 794 3104 

Nothin' but net with him and his team for me!

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
rdbishop

'68 MCI-7 892T, 740 Richard & Missy - Texas

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 03:22:52 PM »

Try Sam Caylor in Kansas City.  Phone# 7858783405

Richard
Kenny

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 03:54:50 PM »

Working on my MCI 9 conversion for about 3 years now. Not had to buy many parts (mostly trowing away parts from the gutting that keeps going and going). When I have purchased parts I've only gone through MCI direct. I'm not a company, just myself. Called the parts dept, they gave me a customer number and I use my credit card. Also helps if you have your own parts manual to make it easier to ID parts you need before calling.
Kenny 

1941 and 1945 Flxible - South Lyon, Michigan
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »

Probably very few individuals here that haven't gotten something from Luke at US Coach. Very knowledgable and helpful.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
tnichol

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 05:03:16 AM »

THanks sincerely for the leads!

Tim
kwood

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 10:29:04 AM »

Luke is great.  You can also call MCI if you have a parts book as their phone service is good if you know what you want.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 10:38:08 AM »

Hey all the above listed are great sources for parts! Luke, C & J and Caylor's are all very busnut friendly and support our needs with more than parts in the form of knowledge and etc.
But lets not forget people like John @ Central FL Bus Repair, Nick @ Nimco or Dean @ ABC, and other places that sell SOB's (some other brands) they all have a wealth of info and usually a pretty good stock of used parts too!

As for MCI just call them they have people paid to look up what you need! (I do it all the time! Wink and I have the parts books and a customer #, I just like to talk to a person not a machine or have to hope the part I'm ordering online is the right one! As for parts I have to order more than once I keep a list of past parts bought and do order those online!)
FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:41:24 AM »

Oh yeah by the way if the clearance lights you are wanting to replace are on the rear they should be RED not yellow/orange!
Grin  BK  Grin

Also FWIW I buy LEDs that are more or less direct replacements for MCI & my Setra's from Setra for $25 apiece and have not replaced one in 3 yrs!

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: