Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 19, 2014, 09:30:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Location for Bussin' 2007!  (Read 1303 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« on: August 08, 2006, 05:19:59 AM »

The location we have held our Bussin' rallies at for the past several years has been sold. Horizon Coach is now at their new location just east of Arcadia, Florida on SR 70. Unfortuantely, they do not have room for our rally.  However, they still want to be part of the rally. Mike Waller from Horizon Coach and myself met last week with the Facility Director of the Turner Center and it looks like  Bussin' 2007 will be held at the Turner Center. We are waitng on a confirmation of the camping fees.
   This location will give us a much larger, more secure area to park the coaches. There will be about 35-40 electrical hook-ups available on a fisrt come-first served basis (for an additinal fee).  We are also holding a few electric hook-ups for handicapped that need electrcity for oxygen generators and other medical needs
    Like everything else, there are a couple downsides. The only building large enough for us is an open sided pole barn type building. The building has adequate electric and is well lighted. We plan to park vendors buses around the edge of the building to serve as walls. Because the property is not owned by Horizon Coach, there will be a camping fee of $5.00 (tentative) per day. This will have to be figured into the rally fee. By making a few changes in the events, we hope to maintain the low rally fee we have always charged.
    Hope to see everyone at Bussin' 2007    Jack
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 05:21:57 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Ace

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 11:50:21 AM »

Jack I posted the same thing over at BNO...

When can we sign up to secure a spot with electric? Heck now that I think about it, I'll be down there early this year ONLY to keep from having to park in tight spaces and rubbin someone else's coach! LOL Yea that happend last year so don't ask!

Anyway, I'm signing up asap!

Ace... 3rd in line Smiley
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 12:41:10 PM »

No sink holes, train tracks or drainage ditches please? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Ace

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 12:57:12 PM »

What's wrong Dave, your in a class only the two of us are  in. I think we are honorary members! Who will join us this year?

Ace
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 03:16:21 PM »

As soon as I get a confirmation from the Turner Center on camping fees (they said in a few days), I will set the rally fee and post the registration forms on here and BNO. The first come, first serve for electric will be based on when I receive your registration. 
    Defenately no railroad tracks and I didn't see any sinkholes. There is a small ditch, to deep to drive a bus through. The facility director assured us there would be a culvert in place before the rally. If the culvert is not in, there ia another area that we could use for parking.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »

Yup, I'll still drive a long way and pay any price to go to Jack and Paula's shin-dig.

I think I'll sponsor a Bussin' 0X award class in best collision story cover up.

Trophy and bragging rights?

As soon as we can find an objective panel of peers to do the judging....

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Wormy 402

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 06:44:27 PM »

Hi Jack:   Hate to see us have to move.  Just beginning to like it there.  Do you know if there is any shade there?  My windows don't open, Can't stay in the bus without shade, or power for A.C.                 See Ya :    Duane
Ace

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 06:58:09 PM »

Hey Duane, I like that! Good way to get a plug in for power!  Cheesy Just messing with ya bud but watch this!

Hey Jack, my windows don't open either! At least they won't be able to by the time I get there. I'll have ole' Susan screwing them shut for good and you know how big my widows are and how much glass I have. It sure does build up a LOT of heat!  Roll Eyes

Ace

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: