Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 08:14:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is getting very, very old  (Read 6531 times)
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 06:37:53 AM »

Ruthi, another phone contact is Ken Birchfield, Eagle Tours near Dallas TX.  Phone 972-721-0545.  He's their Maintenance Superintendent, former bus company owner/operator.  I think Eagle does, or has had Dinas.

Based on your description, I wonder if the rubber goes on the glass first, then into the coach - the opposite of GM's?  

From their website, MCI service centers----

YOU'LL FIND MCI SERVICE CENTERS WHERE MOTOR COACHES GATHER

With locations in or near Chicago, Orlando, Nashville, Anaheim, Dallas, Philadelphia, and Montreal, MCI service center network locations meet the strategic needs of motor coach operators for equipment maintenance, repair, and service.
 We have a bunch of Dinas around here (and, we are in the United States), so I'm sure this service center has seen a lot of Dinas.  Dallas MCI service center ---- 800-248-4942

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 07:54:49 AM »

Thanks to  all for the help. We dont have it in yet, but we were told that it has to be roped in, and that is the only way to do it.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 09:09:18 AM »

Ruthi, I do not know anything about this subject, but I have to ask the question:  Would a different gasket "format" work with your bus?  I would think that professional installers have thought of that, but it seems that the Dina gasket is pretty unforgiving.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 09:27:20 AM »

Yes, the people we talked with said they charge more at their place for installing the dina windshield because there is a good chance that one is gonna get broke. Nice, huh? What a nightmare. To top it all off, with all the craziness here last night, the water was left running in our koi pond last night, forgot it, and it ran all night. So, all the water was replaced with chlorine water, and this morning I am losing fish. So far, 2 of the big ones, and the rest are not acting right. Grrrrrr. Anhow, have a nice day, Shocked

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2010, 09:56:59 AM »

On our Eagle we had to rope it in also. What kind of lip do you have that the rubber goes over? Can you post a picture and also of the rubber gasket?

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2010, 12:05:08 PM »

Ruthi,
   So sorry to hear about your pond.  Those were beautiful fish. Paula and I were talking about them and your pond on our way home. Guess what she is thinkin' for our backyard?  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 12:08:12 PM »

Sorry to hear about your fish. My sister in Pickins SC also raises them.  She gets upset when I show up with my fishing rod to go fishing.

uncle ned

Hope to get to go to the rally in SC.

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 12:12:00 PM »

What does "roping" a windshield mean?

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 12:43:28 PM »

Ruthi - If it isn't too late, run to the pet shop and get some chlorine neutralizer - The next time if you fill a 5 gallon bucket and let it sit for a day or two most of the chlorine will dissapate prior to filling the pond - HTH & FWIW

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 01:47:42 PM »

What does "roping" a windshield mean?

JC

This is the way I did ours. Installed the rubber gasket over the glass, on the inside of the rubber lip I installed a 3/8" rope all the way around. Set the glass in the hole, with the suction cup device on the inside to pull the glass into place, pull on one end of the rope to bring the rubber over the metal lip that is attached to the frame.

This link will show how it's done. http://www.fordmuscle.com/blog/installing-back-glass/112212 Same principle, just a different application. Wink

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 02:56:30 PM »

JC, thanks for the question -- and Paul, thanks for the explanation.  I followed the link, and I almost understand it.  I'd sure like to watch someone do that.

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 02:57:55 PM »

Jack, thanks for the compliments on the pond. That has been my pride ever since we put it in. It takes more than a bucket of water to fill it, lol. Usually when it gets low, if it doesnt rain, I put it in from the water supply, but it isnt enough to hurt the fish. But, when the water runs all night and replaces all the water, that is a problem. As of right now, about half of the fish are still alive. I went first thing this morning and got some stuff to put in the pond, but, we will see if it was in time to save any of them.  Angry  Ken just took a pic of the gasket, I will try to figure out how to post it.  BTW, Ned, I have a neighbor who always wants to fish,lol.

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 03:03:44 PM »

The rope trick just works on the double seal , won't work for a center sealed gasket (gasket fits in the frame then the windshield) like the newer stuff uses .  

good luck
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 03:05:56 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 03:15:35 PM »

Ruthi you may want to  try camping world as a resource for the windsheild installation. They may not do it but may know someone who does. My Father In laws S/S has a curved windsheild with the one piece gasket so camping world should know an installer that could help you out.

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »

Thanks Dreamscape for the roping explanation and link.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: