Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 09:04:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning for those who are on Facebook  (Read 697 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« on: April 08, 2010, 03:39:13 PM »

It seems that someone has hacked into Facebook and members are getting sent "messages" from their Facebook friends that lead them to a video or other file that triggers a virus warning (if they are well protected I suppose).

So be very wary if you receive a Facebook message from other bus nuts supposedly leading you to a video or such.  I also noticed odd spellings and character spacings in the message subject line so that is another clue.
cody

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 04:14:58 PM »

Facebook has been very frustrating for me, my daughter talked me into joining it and I get requests from people that are using their real names and I don't have a clue who they are and things like farm stuff and shrimp pasta points and I'm too old to know what it all is about.  I know a bunch of people by their nics and have no clue what their names are lol.  I was even told all the fish in my fish tank are dead, I didn't know I had a fish tank.
cody

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »

Now I feel special, I checked my email after reading the warning and poof there was a message from jack conrad, directing me to a link, even had his smiling face sitting right there grinning at me, I pmmed jack and he said he didn't send it, I feel so special lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: