Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
October 27, 2016, 11:43:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Warning for those who are on Facebook  (Read 849 times)
Global Moderator

BCM Webmaster

« on: April 08, 2010, 03:39:13 PM »

It seems that someone has hacked into Facebook and members are getting sent "messages" from their Facebook friends that lead them to a video or other file that triggers a virus warning (if they are well protected I suppose).

So be very wary if you receive a Facebook message from other bus nuts supposedly leading you to a video or such.  I also noticed odd spellings and character spacings in the message subject line so that is another clue.

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 04:14:58 PM »

Facebook has been very frustrating for me, my daughter talked me into joining it and I get requests from people that are using their real names and I don't have a clue who they are and things like farm stuff and shrimp pasta points and I'm too old to know what it all is about.  I know a bunch of people by their nics and have no clue what their names are lol.  I was even told all the fish in my fish tank are dead, I didn't know I had a fish tank.

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »

Now I feel special, I checked my email after reading the warning and poof there was a message from jack conrad, directing me to a link, even had his smiling face sitting right there grinning at me, I pmmed jack and he said he didn't send it, I feel so special lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: