Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 12:54:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: few pics of Dina  (Read 4908 times)
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2010, 10:46:17 AM »

Paul, that is too funny. Rusty, thanks for the compliments, and you are right, much better in person. Jack came by and visited, hope to have more busnuts come by and visit. It is cool to meet up. I dont know what time Ken is coming that way, but he will give you a call if it isnt too late. Glad to have you come by and visit anytime. See ya soon.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2010, 10:48:21 AM »

Dreamscape, while I am thinking of it. I wanted to say that we enjoyed the article on your bus, it is beautiful and well thought out. Thanks for sharing.  Wink

James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 01:17:03 PM »

I think you should write an article about the Dina and submit it for the Centerfold section of BCM. Spot on about Dreamscapes article. I enjoyed it too! Dreamscape are you coming to the Palmetto Cove Rally?

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2010, 03:38:00 PM »

Thanks, Mike said he would like to do that. Got to finish up and get some paint on it first tho.

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »

Here is a few more outside pics.

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2010, 03:58:20 PM »

spare generator

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »

new led tail lights

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2010, 04:19:53 PM »

new headlights

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2010, 04:27:02 PM »

back of bus

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2010, 06:21:09 PM »

Here is a few more outside pics.

What are the mirrors mounted to?  Are they mounted where the original mirror bracket was bolted on?  Where did you you guys get those mirrors?

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2010, 06:33:32 PM »

I think you should write an article about the Dina and submit it for the Centerfold section of BCM. Spot on about Dreamscapes article. I enjoyed it too! Dreamscape are you coming to the Palmetto Cove Rally?

We wont be coming to the Cove Rally, maybe one day we'll make it. I would like to attend every bus rally, but not for another year or so, then we can really hit the road. Right now we're parked and I'm trying to get a degree in Web Design.

Thanks for the ata boys! I think ours was the first centerfold that wasn't finished, which was kinda hard to put it out there. Undecided

I agree with the Dina article, you need to make it happen! Being a centerfold is a dream everyone has! Wink

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2010, 02:26:37 AM »

I like the outside view a lot, both the overall style and the details. The tubular grille for the generator that matches the shape of the front bumper is especially neat. It may be just the angle from which the first photo is taken, but it looks like your bus has a lot more ground clearance than most - it reminds me of the long-distance buses that cross the Australian outback (and they often have tubular steel on the front as well, to deal with stray kangaroos).

I'd be a bit concerned that two of the three rear lights aren't aligned correctly, and personally I think chrome exhaust stacks look awful on any bus, especially on a modern bus such as this - but that's just me. Taking everything together, I'd be proud to own your bus.

I look forward to seeing the finished bus complete with it's paintjob - hopefully no more than two colours in a simple and modern layout that matches the style of the bus? No big swirly-patterns, fades or (god forbid) murals please!

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2010, 06:05:26 AM »

Brian, the mirrors are mounted the same place as the old mirrors were. We got the mirrors on eBay. We were on the road at the time we bought them, and took a gamble that they would fit, as we weren't 100% sure. But they worked out perfect. Jeremy, the original tail lights were on the radius, with the same effect. The new lights are led, and they are much more visible, as they are super bright. There are lights in the bumper as well, and the third brake light will be mounted above where the hood opens. As for the chrome exhaust, to each there on, but, we love the look of the chrome stacks on it.  Grin Thanks for the compliments on the rest of it tho. We are very proud of how it is coming along. As I said before, I am proud of the work Ken is doing, and how hard he has worked. He is gone so much that when he is home, he is working almost around the clock. So, considering not starting the interior until mid Nov. it has been crazy. The outside of it was started last summer, and we had a friend help with that work.   If you know how the Dina looked originally, you would see all the modifications that have been made to it. As for the paint, we have already picked out the colors that will be on it, just waiting for out ship to come in to afford the paint, as we didn't pick the cheapest color Roll Eyes  We still have to finish the two bedrooms inside, and build the front entertainment center, once the windshield delima is figured out. All the essentials are in tho, toilet running water, hiding tanks, shower, hot water etc.

johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2010, 11:59:38 AM »

Ruthi,

That ceiling sure is a TOP NOTCH, Not many out there that nice,

John
ruthi

Ignore