Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 12:16:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mice!!! How do you keeps rodents out of your conversion???  (Read 3507 times)
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2010, 06:24:49 AM »

I havent had any problems, but I sure enjoyed the thread. Some of the fixes are totally funny. Grin I know dealing with mice is not a fun thing though. We use to live in Texas, and we bought a house there, moved in, and couldnt believe what happened there. It is a long hilarius story, too long to tell now. Maybe I will tell it sometime on the off topic thread.  Good luck with the remedies.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Slide

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2010, 10:53:32 AM »

Mothballs, had a friend who put crush mothballs between rows of strawberries kept the raccoons and other critter away. Heard they will keep mice and squirrels away too. Good luck.
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2010, 11:38:08 AM »

Once mouse down! Hopefully no more  Grin Trusty glue trap and cheese  Wink

Bryan
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2010, 03:49:29 PM »

We spent one night in a wooded area next to a river.  The next morning we heard the tell tale sound of little feet.  That afternoon, I saw a little pinion mouse sauntering across the kitchen floor.  We didn't have any traps so this would have to wait until we got home.  We did move away from this area.

When we got home the battle began.  From the pitter patter of little feet, it was obvious we had more than one. Being the animal lover I am I wasn't big on poisoning them, Don thinks I'm crazy, and then there is that thing about where they will die.  We could tell they were in the chase behind the cabinets that ran the full length of the bus.  So I proceeded to set live traps.  The first night, five little critters.  Thought that was the end.  Wrong.  By the end of the week,  I caught a total of 21 little critters.  They all moved to a nice field a long long ways away..

I opted to leave water and food out until I knew they were all gone.  I figured, better to keep them comfortable, than for them to go hunting for it.  Lucky, the only damage we had was a little hole in the side of the sofa.

Don and Cary
GMC4107
Neoplan AN340

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2010, 04:12:03 PM »

Ed,  For roaches and ants,  use boric acid. It's a powder not a liquid, put some in a shallow container in a few places.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2010, 05:37:08 AM »

Ed,  For roaches and ants,  use boric acid. It's a powder not a liquid, put some in a shallow container in a few places.

20 Mule Team in the laundry section is a cheap and easy way to get the borax.  I always throw some in when I have a wall cavity open.   Moth balls work well in the ventwells around the house.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: