Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 20, 2018, 06:17:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at (657) 221-0432 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6V92 Injector Size versus HP rating  (Read 1068 times)
NeoplanAN440

1995 MCI 102 D3 running WVO Neoplan AN440

Ignore
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:44:25 AM »

we just opened my spare 6V92 engine that from the records was rebuild for LACTMA in 2000.
i found 7G75 Injectors and the throttle delay on the right bank.turbo is AR .96
if i read the book right then we are in the less 270hp range!
do i have to open it to check for smog cams???

what would be the largest size injectors for the first try??

the engine should go into a MCI9 and im worried that it will be underpowered that way.

what injectors is everybody running (power to smoke ratio)
Eric

Currently in Northeast Ohio

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 08:58:40 PM »

you'll find that's what nearly all the Neoplan transits are set for..Sad I would really like to do a power add via injectors and turbo so if you do figure this out share the wealth Smiley! some of the boats have these babys cranked up to 450hp! I understand longevity goes down when the horsepower goes up..but i only put about 5k a year on it ! i could "DEAL" with that pushing me down the road!
Have Fun!

Eric
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:14:05 PM »

You might have to change the turbo-the ratio sounds too small for larger power.  The standard truck 6V-92TA had 9G90 injectors that gave 350hp.  You can go to 100 injectors, but then you have to retard the timing, starting is harder, and without a new turbo, would smoke (I know this since I did it to my 8V-92TA in my truck).  Suggest you stay with the 90 injectors- and even then you might have heating problems.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: