Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 01:49:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dash Camera/ Neat Toy  (Read 3867 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 09:27:47 AM »

I have read of cases where motorcyclists using helmet cameras have been able to document that they were not at fault in accidents.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 09:35:04 AM »

Jack,
   Maybe put it on U tube?

Steve 5B......

I got a a short video ready to upload, but might have to wait until I get a better (faster) connection.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
WVA_NATIVE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 07:25:52 PM »

I have read of cases where motorcyclists using helmet cameras have been able to document that they were not at fault in accidents.

---------------------------
Yeah the video was shown at their funeral as most guys in motorcycle accidents don't survive.

But being able to document what happens could pull your butt out of the fire in court.

WVaNative
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 08:07:38 PM »

Perhaps of interest here, a new advertiser in BCM features a couple different levels of recorder systems that:

• loop record
  • use 4-32GB SD memory cards (like digital cameras use)
  • can optionally support a second camera such as rear view (or perhaps curb side view to document those idiots that try to come around while you are making a right turn.)
  • can record data such as speed, braking, GPS position info, etc.
  • have playback software that presents all the data together.  The example below shows one with a forward facing and driver cam (to document the driver's alertness and handling of the situation and prove they weren't texting or engaging in other diversions when it happened).
The simple version mounts to the dash.  The more robust one is designed to be built into an OEM situation, but I'm pretty sure bus nuts that have done their own dash or driver console modifications could handle adding it in.

Page 18 in the April issue of BCM.

The company is Sepung Electronic Industry.  They are in South Korea.  You can request more information by contacting Jessica at sec@sepung.co.kr  If you do contact them, please let them know you found out about them through Bus Conversions Magazine.

JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 03:51:20 PM »

I finally got the video uploaded of our trial run with the Tachyon Dash Camera.  This wass my first "project" and was made into a movie at 320 x 240 instead of the 640 x 480 it was recorded at and it better if not viewed full screen. I will try to make my next movies at 640 x 480.  Here it is (I hope)   Jack

Bus Ride .wmv
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 04:01:57 PM by JackConrad » Logged

crown

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2010, 04:29:59 PM »

cool jack it looked good to me full screen john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2010, 04:37:52 PM »

It looked good to me also except a few things. It looks like you are going faster than you are, makes it look like you didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign and I could see your reflection in the windsheild at the begining. I know you live in your bus a lot and consider it a home but I think you still probably should put pants on!! Grin ........

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2010, 04:46:03 PM »

Jack, that was pretty cool. May have to look into that. The music was very appropriate too, Grin

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2010, 04:54:29 PM »

We recorded our trip from Dearing, GA to Palmetto Cove today. Total time was 3 hour 53 inutes. The camera saves the video in separate files of 30 minutes each. Other tham crossing Strom Thurman dam it was mile after mile of mile after mile.  I will delete about 98% of it. However it would have been real handy had I needed documentation of anything.  I am finding much more that I can do with my editing software.  Jack

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2010, 08:24:20 AM »

Jack,

Nice Video

Just gave me an idea!

On many of our buses like the my 4905, the front steps down and the rear passengers loose there upper field of view going forward.

If I run one of these through my video distribution and feed it to the TV built into the front cap area.  This will give a full view to the rear passengers, when desired.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2010, 08:30:42 AM »

Lin,

Have heard through some of our safety people that dash cams, Phones and the Phone GPS records being used against the owner in court.

Phone and Phone GPS showing how fast you were driving, distractions like text and calling vs your speed, and of course the dash cam giving a birds eye view of accident.

Two sides to this coin for sure.

Cliff

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2010, 09:08:52 AM »

If you know your speed & actions are being recorded, you may find it easier to behave.  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2010, 09:11:10 AM »

Have heard through some of our safety people that dash cams, Phones and the Phone GPS records being used against the owner in court.

Phone and Phone GPS showing how fast you were driving, distractions like text and calling vs your speed, and of course the dash cam giving a birds eye view of accident.

Two sides to this coin for sure.

Cliff

Definitely would give additional reason to drive safely and properly.  I am a firm believer that when operating a vehicle, the driver should only be driving.  Not tending children in the vehicle and driving, watching TV and driving, or texting and driving.  Just driving.
Eric

Currently in Northeast Ohio

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 09:45:37 AM »

That is pretty darn nifty! Might be worth looking into!
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2010, 12:08:46 PM »

If you know your speed & actions are being recorded, you may find it easier to behave.  Grin

You better get one installed before you drive through Georgia again.......... Grin  Wink

Cliff

Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: