Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 03:51:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: front seal in 740 transmission  (Read 703 times)
luvrbus

« on: August 08, 2006, 09:41:03 PM »

I have my engine out of the bus for some repair and want to replace the front seal in the transmission and i need to know how much of a problem it is to change the seal  and if i need any special tools.my luck if i don't replace it i will have a leak. thanks
rayshound

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 10:11:13 AM »

On the ht 740 you will need to take the torque converter apart. This one is not like the smaller 643 etc and autos where the converter just slips off. The 740 you must take off all the small bolts around the converter close to the ring gear. The ring gear/flywheel is very heavy. Be very careful. After you get the flywheel off you will need to take out the stator. It is pulled by the shaft by hand and removed. Then there is a snapring to remove then the rest of the converter can be removed. Then the seal can now be replaced. The biggest thing is removing the torque converter and that it is very very heavy. This is not a difficult job but You will need help eigther a portable engine hoist, pallet jack or a few people to lift the parts back onto the transmission. Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: