Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 10:40:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MC 9 front bumper  (Read 747 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« on: April 15, 2010, 03:09:59 PM »

When I got my bus, the only real body damage was the front bumper, It is twisted and sits at a nasty angle. I pulled it off to see if it was salvageable, and found a lot of crunched and torqued steel. So, my options are to find a good bumper locally (slim chance) or build one, which is how I'm leaning. So, to you that have built your own front bumpers, care to share your idea and/or pic ?

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
MC8Mike

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 05:07:39 PM »

My 8 had a damaged front bumper and corners when I got it, I bought the replacements from International bus in Florida.  I think you will find the hinges will be damaged as well, I got lucky and found a new pair on ebay, they would be a pain to straighten and get them right IMHO.

1973 MC8 in progress but we're going to use it this year!
Fallon, Nevada
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 06:50:51 PM »

Sam Caylor.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2010, 07:29:33 PM »

Jack Conrad made his a drawer.  Pretty Slick

Also, If you build one, through in a couple 2" receivers so you can attach stuff,   like bike racks, a step, motorcycle carrier, etc...... Smiley  what ever you dream up.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: