Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 01:39:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help with delco stop button wiring  (Read 539 times)
white-eagle

Ignore
« on: April 16, 2010, 07:40:57 AM »

Frank is in the process of putting new engine in.  while we're waiting for it to show up, he's checking some stuff.  he has a stop button that doesn't seem to work, but we're not sure of the wiring.  it is a delco remy part with 875 stamped on it.  3 leads, 1 per side and bottom.  1 side has a "D" stamped on it, the bottom has a "B", and the other side had an "S".  he cleaned all the bugs out, but now not sure how it should have been wired and since we've removed the "bad" (according to DD in Ft. Myers) 6v82, we don't have all the info we might need.  any help?

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 08:06:02 AM »

Tom, that is a starter button just wire a hot to the b and a lead from s to the valve should work 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 08:46:20 AM »

hot = positive.  we assumed originally b was for battery neg.  duhhh.

thanks clifford.  again. 

we now know it works.  Flexible was not real helpful in their wire diagram.  all of them disappeared into a bundle which went somewhere.  thier pic simply showed that it was the stop relay, but not where the wires came from or went to.

now if the engine would show up, we could start making some real progress with figuring out what has to be moved.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: