Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 01:48:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats a good price for a conversion shell  (Read 1238 times)
sweeney153

Ignore
« on: April 19, 2010, 08:17:57 AM »

I have decided to sell my 1979 crown and buy a 4106 that already converted(old but workable). What do you guys think would be a realistic price?I know the market is bad and yes you never get back what you put in to it.

Here is my Craig's list ad just for info.  http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/rvs/1691730885.html

How much do you think I should ask?

Thanks
Kevin

Sweeney153

Warwick NY
1964 4106-2703 8V71 Spicer 4 speed
dougyes

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 05:02:33 PM »

You can ask whatever, but I suggest giving a lot more detail in your ad regarding the good points of your coach. Talk about it! Make it attractive! Sell!
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 05:33:44 PM »

It would be nice to know a lot more. One thing I don't like about Craig's List is it seems you don't get enough info. But regardless you are not going to get anything close to what you would like. You've heard from all of us about the "rebuilt motor and tranny" so you need actual documentation. Automatic, tires, power steering, how bad to you want to sell it?...... All things that make a difference. Unfortunately your bus is in the stage that potential buyers and you have now found yourself in, looking for a bus already converted. Probably a bitter pill to swallow but thats the way it is and I'm not going to offend you with a $ estimate. Take some consolation in the fact that the 4106 is not worth near what they want for it either. Just don't make the mistake of giving them a lot of money in the hopes that the Crown brings a lot.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
sweeney153

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 08:49:32 PM »

I don't really have an  expectation, I chose the price on craigs list because
The key to selling anything is to price it right.  That's not to say that occasionally a lucky seller and a foolish buyer don't serendipitously collide to the seller's benefit.
I am looking to sell it quickly. Based on what the junkie told me i can junk it for $2500.00 So is $5000 a fair price $7500  $10,000 I just am looking for a rough ball park. Like I said I wont get back what I spent, but I don't want to give it away

Warwick NY
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 09:16:08 PM »

Here is what you are up against, and some are asking more than I would give:

http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/rvs/1699325587.html
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/rvs/1694863345.html
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/rvs/1680977431.html
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/rvs/1678978854.html
http://bend.craigslist.org/rvs/1677851607.html

Post your bus at a price you want to sell it for, and if it doesn't sell, then keep lowering the price till it does. I know you don't want to give it away, but unfortunately there are many out there that are doing just that, and it is reflected in their low pricing. There has been some acceptable conversion selling for slightly above scrap value. Great for buyers and sucks for sellers. Looks like you have one of each shoe on. LOL

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
sweeney153

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 07:55:21 AM »

Post your bus at a price you want to sell it for, and if it doesn't sell, then keep lowering the price till it does. I know you don't want to give it away, but unfortunately there are many out there that are doing just that, and it is reflected in their low pricing. There has been some acceptable conversion selling for slightly above scrap value. Great for buyers and sucks for sellers. Looks like you have one of each shoe on. LOL

Thanks for the sound advice. I posted it in Calif. so all the Crown guys would see it.

Warwick NY
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 08:45:37 AM »

Sweeney,

I am not big on scrapping these classics, but, if it comes to that, you maybe able to sell any of your good body panels, glass, dash, etc.

And recoup some of your cash.

I really don't know the demand for Crown parts of that vintage....

And I don't believe it would change the price to the scrapper by much, if any!

Just a thought if you have to go that route.

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 09:34:39 AM »

sad thing is that it is worth more in parts than whole.

My point of view - If I'm stuck with getting peanuts instead of dollars, instead of selling it as scrap just to line the pockets of the scrap man - I'd rather sell it at a loss to someone & help their dream.

You never know how those acts will come back to you.  Cool

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 09:52:16 AM »

That is going to be tuff sale Mr Breeze here on the board bought 2 good Crowns in Jan one a classic with a new crate engine I'll let him tell you what he paid if he desires too but no where close to the asking price on yours for 2

good luck and hope you make the sale

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: