Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 03:15:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On the road again  (Read 2739 times)
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 06:27:34 AM »

Wayne if you find your self out in these parts, I would love to have our dog go through the training. there have been to many close calls out here in the desert with Boo (our pup) wanting to mix it up with the snakes, and that has always scared me.

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 06:36:24 AM »

Wayne I was going to stop and visit with you when we came through Brookshire but a guy buying rattlesnakes to go with the nasty copper heads in that area you will have to meet me at the truck stop lol

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2010, 06:37:28 AM »

Wayne if you find your self out in these parts, I would love to have our dog go through the training. there have been to many close calls out here in the desert with Boo (our pup) wanting to mix it up with the snakes, and that has always scared me.

Well Van I would love to load up the bus and head out there.  I need to get the Waste Vegtable Oil conversion finished and maybe I know how we can get it done and put a lot of money in your pocket.  I am sending you a PM.  I could talk about snake training all day but if I don't keep it bus related I might get the wicked eye from a moderator.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2010, 06:42:40 AM »

Wayne I was going to stop and visit with you when we came through Brookshire but a guy buying rattlesnakes to go with the nasty copper heads in that area you will have to meet me at the truck stop lol

good luck

Luvrbus!!!  Your welcome anytime.  As a matter of fact I have a 50 amp service you can access right there by the barn.  We can fill your fresh water tank and light you up all in the same spot.  Soon I am going to get my neighbor (biulder) to send his workers over and sink a 5 inch pipe in the ground from the barn to my septic tank.  That way I don't have to find a dookie shoot on the way home.  I can just back into the Eagle Nest, drop the line in the pipe and let her rip.  When I have guests who stay in the bus they can shower and use the facilities at will.

Your welcome to pull in anytime!!!  To be honest I wish you would buy the property next door.  I need a neighbor with that much bus know how.

www.snakebreaker.com
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2010, 06:46:15 AM »

Thanks Wayne. Clifford, Did I ever tell you about the one that found me under the bus while sealing the air leaks the day we moved it in the shop? LOL! Held him at bay with the heal of my boot till I was finished, guess I was to exited about moving the bus LOL. Grin
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 06:48:19 AM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 07:29:21 AM »

Look in the dictionary for the word dumb a@@ this is what you will see.  He was kissing a cobra on the head this weekend.

www.snakebreaker.com
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 11:31:21 AM »

Wal,

I live in Eugene, Orygun.  Just up from Van in Vegas.  My profile is complete.

There is the slimiest chance I will be in Texas this fall....slimest.  If you get to vans place I will travel there to visit with you and Van and do the snake thing.

My kids are Manchester terriers.  Problem is a MT Standard dog has Whippet blood in it and the sight hounds are known to be very sensitive to anaesthetics.  Venom would be a non survivable event.  My MT Toy bitch is in worse shape genetically considering they are made by mixing the Standard with the Italian Greyhound.

As well as being trained to stay out of the striking range I would really like these guys to get really noisy about the presence of any snake.  They are already excellent watch dogs,,,,breeding.

Thanks for the invite,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2010, 12:24:04 PM »

I would love nothing more than to pack up the buss and go to Las Vegas to train some dogs.  That would really be a great trip.

www.snakebreaker.com
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 02:21:05 PM »

Wal
Yes it would be a great trip....for me too.  I can't find anyone in my area that does snake aversion training around here.  Doesn't mean there areen't any.  I'll check further.  I would think that anybody would be interested that loves their dog(s).  LV has a lot f rattlers so I would guess you could make a buck there and defer some of your expense.  Is it terribly difficult to train them to "alarm" on snakes?

I'll let you know what I find out.

And also, you can pick up oil along the way.  I can bring you 100 gal of cold filtered and de watered.  Thsat should get you 500 miles or so.  I'm sure Van can come up with a local source.  Filtering it and getting it dry on the road would be a real bitcx, I would imagine.  Did you know you can dry it using salt water or salt crystals?  Just need to circulate it back on itself.  Heat your processing tank with engine coolant to expedite filtering. Lots of particulate falls out and mixes with the salt water when you dry so that should be the first step.  Not sure if heating would enhance the salt drying process.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 05:45:26 PM »

Hello John. I am installing a 100 gallon tank now.  I figured I can put 35 gallon poly drums in the Kherson bays and just pump from them to the 100 gallon tank.  I hope we get this thing rolling, Vegas here we come.

The trainig is not hard but there is a trick to it.  The dog can't know the human is giving the shock, it has to beleive is the snake.  There is a very critical time frame, without it you might as well hang it up.  The other thing is you have to know the tricks to finish out a problem dog,  one that is not getting it.  Those are the tricks of the trade.

www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: