Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 03, 2014, 12:23:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A scary encounter at the Skanee house (anti-KOA)  (Read 4200 times)
cody

« on: April 24, 2010, 06:32:16 AM »

I had a very scary encounter this week, out at the skanee house libby wanted me to move one of the revcon motorhomes so she could get at a flower bed that was along a fence beside it, so I put in a couple of cans of gas with a can of sea foam to clean up the old gas that was in it and popped the engine cover off it to see how it looked, the engine was partly taken apart, apparently my idiot SIL was going to pull the engine and cash in the aluminum body cause the carborater was unbolted and a bunch of other stuff disconnected and the battery gone, I rebolted what I could find and on the next trip to walmart I got a battery for it, next trip out their I put the battery in it and just to check to see if I had good contact I jogged the key, the damm thing turned over for a split second then started and stalled, I jogged the key again and it started and sat there purring, that revcon hadn't been started in over 4 years, I just sat there and wondered what was wrong with it, so I went out and looked at the generator to see if he had pulled that to sell too and hit the start button on that and it fired up too, now I'm scared, I've been afraid to go back out there since, stuff like that normally isn't my kind of luck lol.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 06:42:40 AM »

It's a message.  It says "hang in there Buddy, it's all going to work out".

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 06:43:49 AM »

Quick, go buy a lottery ticket!!! Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 06:47:16 AM »

That sounds like good advice, Lotto! Wink

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 06:49:25 AM »

How about this

Make sure the Revcon is sitting on good tires all around.
Borrow a good electric fencer (like 150,000 volts) and connect to the frame/engine.
Be sure the ground near tahe door is moist.

Wait.

Wait a bit more.

Then check for signs of attempted intrusion... Grin

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
cody

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 07:02:22 AM »

He had found some new respect for the old guy since a few months ago when he decided I should sit while talking to him, he ended up in an amusing position on the floor with his hands behind his back restrained, he spent the night in jail for simple assault and paid a fine that cut into his beer fund pretty deeply, I didn't spend half my life in prison working around real ones to be scared of anything like him so I know the revcon work had been done a while back, probably around the same time he sold my olds touring sedan for scrap a couple of years ago.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 07:33:44 AM »

Cody, if you want to sell the Revcon pm me I have a friend looking for one and really doesn't care what shape it is in.

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
cody

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 07:43:43 AM »

Jamie has kinda laid claim to it lol, she loves the front wheel drive and a few years ago she helped me redo the interior in solid teak, we even put in an electric couch thats wired to a panel on the wall, hit the switch and hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it folds out into a bed, hit the switch again and hmmmmmmmmmmm it's a couch again lol. Revcon was so far ahead of it's time back then, they were the sister ship to the GM coaches back in the 70's, made mostly using  upgraded olds parts, the front wheel drive setup is a massively redone version of the toronado front and the 403 engine will actually spin the tires.
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 07:57:43 AM »

Wow makes me wish I had kept mene. I had a 73 model and wife wanted to trade it in on a diesel pusher so away it went . I loved that thing and it was the fastest RV on the road. Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 08:01:42 AM »

Cody, if you buy a winning lotto ticket, after you pay all of your medical bills, finish the anti-KOA, finish the bus and pay off all of your other bills, you can send me a couple of bucks for giving you the idea. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
cody

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 08:13:32 AM »

Yep, they were a powerhouse, this one is a 1978, the last of the flat nose revcons, with the 403 engine and a dry weight of only 6597 pounds and at 30 ft long, they could squeal the tires, the biggest problem was you could spin the tire right off the budd rim, don't ask me how I know this lol.  Parts are still available thru marty moore in san diego and thru cinnabar engineering in sandusky michigan.  The back tires were super singles (12.50x33) and the front tires were 10.50x31, because of the front wheel drive they didn't have duels in the back, some had tandum axles in the back but the really quick ones had the single axles back there, I did surprise a few people on the interstate with my passing gear lol, we used it a lot before we bought the bus in 2002, we've been all over the country in it.  One of the items I like is you pull 2 pins on the back bumper and pull it out 3 ft and it has a motorcycle rack built in, lots of goodies built into them, they were built one at a time only by special order in southern california, ours was built for a surgeon in springfield illinios and I bought it directly from him, I also got all the engineering prints, schematics, builders notes and engineers notes with it along with all the original manuals.  Came from the factory with headers and duel exhaust, only problem was they couldn't pass a gas station, only about 5 to 6 miles to the gallon and just a 50 gallon tank but a great coach and about the smoothest ride I've ever seen.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2010, 08:36:37 AM »

Cody, I will try today to send you some photos of Baxter's Revcon he installed a Dura Max Diesel from a 2007 Chevy and a Allison along with 2 slides with a beautiful purple paint job on his by Mike Wilson.

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2010, 08:45:46 AM »

Ok, I must have my pea brain in a twist today (normal Shocked).  What is the reference to KOA all about?  Same KOA as in Campground?

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
cody

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 09:01:41 AM »

Cool, a diesel in a revcon, how did they get around the front wheel drive part and I like the idea of the slides.  Jim, I've got 13 acres here in the skanee area with the house that libby and I normally live at, it's mostly wooded but I've got a couple of clearings that I'd like to set up spots for bus nuts to enjoy.  The idea is that a person can come in to relax and not be bound up by rules like keeping your dog on a leash all the time, I call it the anti-KOA cause of the way KOA's like to make rules, so many rules that the fun is gone, I'd also like to be able to not charge a fee, just cover what you might use in utilities and stay as long as you want, I'd even set up some permenent sites for anyone that wants to leave the southern heat regularily, just a place to relax and enjoy that won't break the bank, we've got a lot of things like fishing, swimming, mosquito feeding, stuff like that up here to enjoy. It's intended to be a refuge for any busnut that wants to stop by and stay for a while.  I have no intention of becomeing a campground, just a spot where buses can pull in and hook up a cord and some water with a dump on site, a spot for a firepit, already got a sauna on site that needs some work and a few picnic tables and a few bears, couple of moose that wander thru, we're a mile from Lake Superior, a mile from the Big Huron River, the biggest thing is that it's very private with nobody to complain if a person wants to play a radio, tv or run a generator or whatever.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 09:12:21 AM »

Hey Cody, glad to hear he learned some respect.  Now bring him down to BK's next rally so he can learn some more respect "backwoods southern style".
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: