Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 01:44:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A scary encounter at the Skanee house (anti-KOA)  (Read 4289 times)
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 09:23:05 AM »

Hi Cody,
What's a Skanee house? Is that where the Swedish Bikini Team stays when they aren't riding on your "iggle". LOL
Have a great day, Sam MC8

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 09:39:53 AM »

Cody, he told me it wasn't a problem being the engines were about the same size he did have to do some work to replace the TH 425 auto with the Allision.
I know at one time he was thinking about keeping the TH 425  

good luck
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 10:44:01 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
cody

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 09:42:48 AM »

lol Sam, I wish lol, I saw libby in a bikini once, I was scared, took me almost a week before I would come out from under the couch, trauma had no limits in that time frame, now I'm thankful for the annual complaints from her about how she wants a new swimming suit cause there is a hole in the knee of her old one and she thinks it's worn out. ( I hope she doesn't read this lol)  Skanee is a small swedish town founded back in the 1800's, it's got summertime population of around 100 spread over an area about 10 miles long by 10 miles wide, the population remains somewhat stable cause everytime a baby is born some guy leaves town. We bought 13 acres in a quiet part of the city back in the late 70's and built a home where we raised 2 kids who have since grown up and left home, returned home, left home and returned and left. Skanee is located east of the Keweenaw Penninsula in the Upper Penninsula and is bordered by huron bay on the west and lake superior on the north and the Huron Mountains to the south and east, the area has a lot of rivers with black sand for gold prospecting and float copper is very common, the huron river has a vein of agate that crossses the river, we have no snakes other than the occasional garter snake but a few other critters like having to drive around the deer, a few bear here and there, kinda like a modern version of a wilderness.  And to answer a pmmed question, yes I keep a table saw and wood working tools there lol.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 12:21:39 PM »

I know that if i ever made over there i would be more than willing to help make some improvements while i was there. I am sure others would do the same. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 03:50:21 PM »

I just took a look at the map to see where Skanee is. I was quite surprised. For some reason I was thinking you were further east towards Macinancinacinacinaw city.

You're just a stones throw from Duluth, which makes it not very far from us. 

I just added you to our "Places to go to" list. I hear a long weekend (week) calling me. This summer is going to be pretty tight, but maybe we can work it in before I
find another job.

Too bad I don't have a way of moving my backhoe. We'd get some work done on the Anti-KOA!! 

BTW, anyone want to buy a backhoe??

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
cody

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »

Yep, we're not far from duluth, about 200 miles I think, my aunt used to live on the skyline parkway and I have relatives in cloquet.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 07:31:04 PM »

Gumpy: ->BTW, anyone want to buy a backhoe??

Yes, i'll give you $200 if you can deliver it to W. Ohio.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Bob Belter

Eagle 01 //Cummins M-11 Roadranger OD RTO1110

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2010, 07:37:57 PM »

Ahoy, All,

A friend with a 'Jimmy' FWD remarked that a Revcon is a Jimmy built by Russians.

Enjoy   /s/   Bob
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 07:49:42 PM »

Gumpy: ->BTW, anyone want to buy a backhoe??

Yes, i'll give you $200 if you can deliver it to W. Ohio.

Ok, but I'll have to charge you for delivery. Can you send me your credit card number and bank account number?

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
cody

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2010, 12:44:20 AM »

Bob, I'd like some of what your friend is drinking lol, I don't know what the nationalities of the work force is for revcon but back in 1978 you could buy a winnibago for about 28K, the paperwork shows that this one came off the line and was delivered to springfield illinios at 125K, the newer revcons are mostly 40fters and the military has bought them up for command vehicles cause they are all wheel drive and list at around 750K. It seems that each time jamie and I work on this one we find something new, when we took out the orange shag carpeting we found a compartment built into the platform along the wall that had a pressure latch, push the hidden latch and a door popped open, a gun rack was hidden in the compartment, the doctor was a hunter and carried some valuable rifles and shotguns lol.  Things like the hidden bike rack in the back bumper are all real treats when we find them lol, his wife liked strawberry daquaries so it has a blender built in the countertop but I've seen those in other rvs, the electric couch is cool too and it's got a switch that has a led panel on the ceiling that lights up and shows what looks like a starry night and square 7 inch halogen headlights, all from 1978, kinda cool.  The cabinetry is solid teak, so many nice touches that we enjoy, things that a person wouldn't expect from 1978 like when you open the door and the step comes out electrically and retracts when the door is closed and electic locks, the LP system has a leak detector right by the built in tank that has what looks like a bubble in it, if a leak is detected it shuts down the lp system, I got the privilege of checking out a 2005 revcon and it even had duel 7.5K generators and granite floors, was cool, and all wheel drive.
cody

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2010, 01:29:22 PM »

Just got back from the skanee house, libby got a couple of flower beds squared away and jamie and I took the revcon for a ride, felt great but jamie brought up a small point that I hadn't given any thought to, at least until today after she brought it up lol.  The statement was simple and direct like most of her thinking out loud usually is, she said, 'dad how hard would it be for us to paint the revcon ourselves", I stepped back and took a look at it, the paint is faded and nicked up in many spots, it's an off white color all over, I've never painted a vehicle but can't see where it would be impossible. So I got a couple of questions about it, the body is aluminum, can it be power wet sanded or am I going to have to do it all by hand, I'll get to the next series of questions with the next phase lol.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2010, 01:56:26 PM »

Cody, just do a scuff and shoot if the paint is just faded, 3-M scotch brite wash dry and shoot . For any areas such as scratches, feather out the scratch using 300 to finish, prime and sand any bare spots and Viola! Grin. use a single stage paint (color and clear combined, Vs base,color, clear) for less aggravation, or just camouflage, and no one will ever notice, except me. Grin Grin Grin 

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
cody

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 05:01:32 AM »

Van, the body is all aluminum so I'm not sure that makes a diference yet but jamie remarked that I'm just not going to be happy with a fifty foot paint job, she seems to think that I've now got to learn how to paint vehicles so I guess my spare time this summer will be spent sanding and prepping to get ready for the big shoot, thats going to have to work with getting the skanee house roofed, sided, interior remodeled and the site done up for the anti_koa, along with finishing the baraga projects and doing a little cruising in the bus too, looks like a busy summer. lol
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2010, 05:53:24 AM »

So Cody, you think that you can get that all done in one week? Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
cody

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2010, 06:18:16 AM »

Now you sound like libby, she asked me what plans I had for after lunch lol.  I'm starting to feel like my life is all planned out lol. I do try to keep busy tho, my plans for today is to find a new water heater for the baraga house, we've got a 50 gallon electric that is old and a real meter spinner, a 40 gallon natural gas one will be taking it's place hopefully by nightfall, I also spent a couple of hours a couple of days ago and ripped out the old worn out carpeting in the upstairs hallway and now I've got the oak laminate seasoning in the corner, that will probably be later today or tomorrows job. Then wednsday we're heading back out to skanee cause libby likes a bible study class out there and I figure as long as she is at the church, she can take care of any words I may accidentally use at the skanee house while thats going on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: