Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 10:55:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ssssmmokkinn’….  (Read 692 times)
Brill-o

Ignore
« on: August 10, 2006, 07:27:10 AM »

Ok-

The inside has been cleaned out of the junk/debris/corpses- (pic)

The carb’s been off again and the float checked. Actually twice because I’d found a pinhole leak the second time that I missed. The float is kidney shaped and one side had come off and filled with fuel-not allowing it to “float”. It’s still needs to come back off and some adjusting to be right, but it starts right up and idles smooth- every time.
I guess I’m just practicing-- Roll Eyes

Also, I got the hand-brake working..

A major shock came about when the carb pre-heat tube-, which has rust holes in it-, and is directly attached to the exhaust manifold, must have acquired a resident-
The hot exhaust ignited what I believe was a nest of sorts, and engulfed 2/3rds of the outsides and all the underneath with thick gray smoke! Shocked
I thought it was on fire and burning to the ground! Shocked

I shut her down and inspected everything only to find the pipe-nest and some other smoke from the bell housing. That could be a stuck clutch- (still investigating that). It all smelled of burned leaves/wood, and nothing else is burned, charred, or even singed.
I’ll have to have the preheat pipe fabbed’.

So, once I get the clutch/slave prob’ sorted out, I should be able to move her. Wink

Craig:
That’s great that you are familiar with my signature slogan!

And yes, it mostly applies to the other form of mass transpo’, now-- but several decades back, in Newcastle there used to be a Bus queue. (Which for the others- is like how the taxi’s stack up at the airports.)
All the lanes (maybe 8?) had curbing with a steel-pole safety fence between them. But the old sidewalk terminal was on a platform, with that sign.

Outside of Nelson Village in Cramlington (my home), the bus stop crested a hill and also had a platform. That is where I lived and which is where I first remember seeing it on a sign-

As a last note:
With recommendations from a couple of mems’ here- I joined the BNO board and asked about any info on Brills over there.

I hope to find someone-anyone that has one of these in non-converted form to help out with some factory installed stuff and its location.

With a 60-year old coach—you must explore every option…. Smiley

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 07:56:27 AM »

Nothing like smoke to get your attention & adrenlin flowing!

Glad to hear she runs smooth! If you keep on with the carb, you might consider putting a zipper on it.  Grin

It is looking good.

Wise move in posting on other boards, You never know where you will meet a new friend with knowledge to share.

I wish I had your patience, I'm working on it, but not there yet.

Good luck!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: