Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 05:28:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ssssmmokkinn’….  (Read 706 times)
Brill-o

Ignore
« on: August 10, 2006, 07:27:10 AM »

Ok-

The inside has been cleaned out of the junk/debris/corpses- (pic)

The carb’s been off again and the float checked. Actually twice because I’d found a pinhole leak the second time that I missed. The float is kidney shaped and one side had come off and filled with fuel-not allowing it to “float”. It’s still needs to come back off and some adjusting to be right, but it starts right up and idles smooth- every time.
I guess I’m just practicing-- Roll Eyes

Also, I got the hand-brake working..

A major shock came about when the carb pre-heat tube-, which has rust holes in it-, and is directly attached to the exhaust manifold, must have acquired a resident-
The hot exhaust ignited what I believe was a nest of sorts, and engulfed 2/3rds of the outsides and all the underneath with thick gray smoke! Shocked
I thought it was on fire and burning to the ground! Shocked

I shut her down and inspected everything only to find the pipe-nest and some other smoke from the bell housing. That could be a stuck clutch- (still investigating that). It all smelled of burned leaves/wood, and nothing else is burned, charred, or even singed.
I’ll have to have the preheat pipe fabbed’.

So, once I get the clutch/slave prob’ sorted out, I should be able to move her. Wink

Craig:
That’s great that you are familiar with my signature slogan!

And yes, it mostly applies to the other form of mass transpo’, now-- but several decades back, in Newcastle there used to be a Bus queue. (Which for the others- is like how the taxi’s stack up at the airports.)
All the lanes (maybe 8?) had curbing with a steel-pole safety fence between them. But the old sidewalk terminal was on a platform, with that sign.

Outside of Nelson Village in Cramlington (my home), the bus stop crested a hill and also had a platform. That is where I lived and which is where I first remember seeing it on a sign-

As a last note:
With recommendations from a couple of mems’ here- I joined the BNO board and asked about any info on Brills over there.

I hope to find someone-anyone that has one of these in non-converted form to help out with some factory installed stuff and its location.

With a 60-year old coach—you must explore every option…. Smiley

Cheers..

Mind the Gap!
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 07:56:27 AM »

Nothing like smoke to get your attention & adrenlin flowing!

Glad to hear she runs smooth! If you keep on with the carb, you might consider putting a zipper on it.  Grin

It is looking good.

Wise move in posting on other boards, You never know where you will meet a new friend with knowledge to share.

I wish I had your patience, I'm working on it, but not there yet.

Good luck!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: