Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 12:10:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am not _____!!!!!!  (Read 1519 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: April 27, 2010, 09:11:15 AM »

I know yall read the Freer, Texas rattler round up information I posted earlier.  Well I have been running around and forgot to tell yall the funny part.

Rattler round ups are not just for rattlesnake people.  They have BBQ contests, art, a big dance with a band and BEER!!!!  I had called a friend of mine who has 4000 acres just north of town and he insisted we come stay with him.  I had to declined because I was unsure the bus would turn into his place or not.  He in turn told me a good place to park was at the corner of US59 and HWY44 because a lot of trucks pull over in the gravel area.

I was exhausted to say the least by the time we got to the spot.  I stepped off the bus and to my surprise Michael Salgado (Tejano singer)was blaring through the air.  I was right in front of the round up.  So my wife and I walked down there and asked if we could park in the fenced in area (Bus safety first).  They said no problem and we pulled in and shut her down.  By 0030 hours I was out cold.

0530 hours I was up with my coffee and opened the blinds to watch the sun come up over south Texas.  God I love the south, it is a special place.  After a minute or two a young Sheriff's Deputy pulled up and knocked on the door.  He directed me to lark on the backside of the airplane hanger which would have put me smack in the middle of the party and surrounded by a lot of people and cars.  I was puzzled and asked why.  He said the man running the show says so.  I told him I did not mean argue but could not see why I would pull in that deep inside the party.  He replied with don't worry when your done we can have all the cars moved and you can leave then.

Now I have no idea what this was all about and I normally don't argue with the police but this made no sense.  I told him I was going to be a few hours and when I was done buying snakes I would be headed for home.  Now I could see total confusion on the deputy's face.  He came back with when you get off the stage tonight we will get your bus out.

OHHHHH!!!!!  I am not Corey Morrow the singer.  He thought I was the band.  He laughed and said he would fix it.  Wouldn't that have been a kick if I just did what he said and the singer pulled in to find his bus spot occupied?

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:42:55 AM »

Several years ago now Shania Twain was playing Sask Place in Saskatoon.  We happened to be in town and Marilyn had the truck.  I had a meeting in the north end of town so I took the bus and parked it in the back of Remai's parking lot.  After I got done my meeting I thought I'd walk over to Princess Auto (our equivalent of Harbor Freight) just because I like walking around in the place.  On my way over I noticed this old chevy circling the parking lot and then saw it approaching me.  The window rolled down and a young guy breathlessly asked "Are you Shania's driver??"  Afterwards Marilyn said I should have responded "No, I'm Marilyn's driver" but I'm not that quick thinking.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 11:00:15 AM »

I did have a guy walk up to me in Home Depot parking lot, as I was walking away from the bus, asking me who was in there.  I said nobody, as it was empty.  He looked funny at me and said oh come on man I won't tell, who is in there.  I just giggled a little bit and went on my way.

www.snakebreaker.com
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:23:47 AM »

I stopped a Buckys a couple of weekes ago and pulled right up to the front doors. As my friends went inside I looked around the bus for a sec. As I went inside one of the ladies that worked there asked me who all was on the bus. I just said real low Carrie Underwood. I just kept walking. I was the first one back out When my buddy got to her register she asked again if Carry was realy on the bus and he told her yes. She asked if they could meet her and he told her she was asleep and we never wake Miss Underwood and walked out. My wife was asleep in the back when we got off but woke up during our stop. She has that same long blonde hair. As we talked about it after we were all on the bus she came up to the windshield and waved. All the employees were standing at the door watching. When they seen her they started walking out twards the bus and I just drove off. It was funny and I am sure it made their night at 2am.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 11:28:20 AM »

thats cool! your married to Carrie

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
eddiepotts

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 11:31:08 AM »

Ahhhhhh............. no lol But she does look allot like her
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 11:32:43 AM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 02:21:52 AM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 03:56:06 PM »

That's pretty funny Wayne! You should have kept you mouth shut and gotten into a free gig! Roll Eyes

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 05:47:26 PM »

Yessiree my wife beat me up a little bit about it, for not getting her up there next to the stage.

www.snakebreaker.com
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 06:28:02 PM »

Afterwards Marilyn said I should have responded "No, I'm Marilyn's driver" but I'm not that quick thinking.

i've heard that from a number of folks, bob!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Perhaps you should try more single malt instead of mixing the scotch.

Actually, i tell folks i have one of the most beautiful girls in the world inside.  It's easier when you don't lie, and has much better paybacks. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 05:07:36 AM by white-eagle » Logged

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Eric

Currently in Northeast Ohio

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 09:09:24 PM »

Ahh, geez, All that ever happens with us is when we are at a stoplight.

People walk up to us and ask, "Does it Run?"

I'm with you Dallas! We get the "you take this thing WHERE!" those are our favorites....!
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 05:49:28 AM »

Ahh, geez, All that ever happens with us is when we are at a stoplight.

People walk up to us and ask, "Does it Run?"

I'm with you Dallas! We get the "you take this thing WHERE!" those are our favorites....!

And we get the, "Ohhh, I had NO idea it was THAT big. I am sorry, I thought sure you could get in there." Grin Grin Grin

Or, "Wow, that bus is huge. Does it have a gas or diesel engine?"

Or, "That is a big bus. How many of you drive that?" My response..."One at a time." Cheesy

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: