Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 08:59:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water will not work?  (Read 1174 times)
Madmike

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2010, 06:31:44 PM »

I hooked the hose up to my 4106 and the shower, sink and bath room all ran water. I then went in and turn them all off. I came out and turned the water off. I turned the slector to fill the water tank to test it and bada bing nothing works. I can not fill the tank and I can not run any thing ( no water comes out ) I am defeated. The hot water heater was broken and i have a new one to put in. I did not have the fittings so i took the cold and hooked it to the hot, figuring it was a loop. Can this be part of the problem?

You can have this bus when you pry her from my cold dead fingers.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 06:40:11 PM »

If everything went to pot when you turned the selector valve to fill the tank then that's where I'd start looking.  And no, bypassing the hot water tank shouldn't be a problem.  Lots of us have valve arrangements to do exactly that when we winterize.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 07:39:47 PM »

There might be another valve somewhere that is shut?  Bob, i found the best way to winterize is to go south. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 06:08:47 AM »

some of the selectervalves get the handle mis positioned try rotating it 180 degrees...I have experienced this.....also ground fault problems in your elect system might well be in grid supply and not in coach(house or campground supply) have experienced this my self..No one here but the original converter has the answers to how it was originally assembled but we can share some basic experiences.  like the handle indicator being in the wrong position (maybe) you get use to it and don't change it....good luck and don't get frustrated just need to feel out the old girls ticklish spots....she will give you rewards in the future.....handle could be off only a few degrees rotate it slow with water pressure on and listen for flow..
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 06:11:03 AM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 06:22:48 AM »

So, water flows when hooked to city water, but the tank will not fill.  Look for a valve between the tank filler and the tank, or look for a blockage in that place.  Once you get water into the tank, does it use an electric pump?  If so, does it turned on?  Does it have power?  Does it have a blown fuse? OR - is it a pressure operated system where air is forced into the tank to create pressure to push the water out when you open a tap?

Pictures will definitely help!

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
PCC

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 06:33:35 AM »

Does the water go through the tank to those faucets, etc. or is there a vent of some kind to release pressure inside the tank to allow the water to fill? May sound simplistic, but just a thought.

For some, patience is a virtue.
Dealing with me, it is required.
Thank God - He is always patient.
Madmike

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:32:52 PM »

So I took the part that the hose connects to apart. This is a part that regulates the pressure of the water coming in. There was a small rubber gasket that had come loose and lodge in the inlet causing no water to get through. Once removed she worked great! I now have shore water and water in the tank that can be pumped in. It all worked. I will have to replace or rebuild the water regulator so I have a safety net against high pressure water. Thanks to all for the encouraging word and helping to keep my mind open and my frustration at bay.

You can have this bus when you pry her from my cold dead fingers.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 06:55:31 PM »

There will be many more days like that Mike.  Sometimes I find its best to have a beer (or three) and just go to bed.  It always looks better in the morning.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 05:43:11 AM »

sounds like the old girl just needed a hug and a little make up... Grin

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
gus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 03:54:21 PM »

My setup has a separate inlet for filling the tank.

When I use outside water I have to shut off a valve to the pump.

Yours may be different.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: