Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 02:54:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: coolant flush instructions  (Read 2379 times)
eagle rush

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 08:14:31 AM »

Hello everyone, quick question, would it be easier to pull the rad. and back flush upside down to get all the junk out?  Also to inspect the rad. or is there not that much junk flaked off inside the rad. for that much work, is it worth it?  I don't know but I also will have to flush the system soon, Thankyou for all the help!!  Richard
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 12:17:10 PM »

Richard,

Do you have any overheating conditions?  Such as?  How high does it go on a long pull with ambient 90 plus degrees?  What temp does it hold on the level doing 60 or ?  Have you shot the temps on the rad with a hand held no contact temp gun?

I think they need more background,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
eagle rush

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 06:35:49 AM »

Hello John, no the bus has not ran in quite a while but soon, If I remember it did not overheat but it did get hot, above 200? Before I run it again I need to flush the system, change the thermostats and do the best job I can (prevent maint.) to make sure it is done right, to run as smoth as possible!! Thankyou for the questions on what to look for, which I will double check and get back to you, The rad and system needs to be flushed, while its down and drained nows the time.   Thankyou John and everyone for the help, Richard
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: