Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 01:44:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back from Bolivia, nice bus system over there, and some interesting rigs...pics  (Read 1047 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:01:49 AM »

Buses going almost anywhere you want, and if no buses a micro -bus(small van with 10-18 seats) or maybe the back of a truck...standing room only.  The drivers were excellent, very smooth braking, and on the twisty mountain roads have never felt safer.  Bus driver is a good job there so taken seriously.  The dirt road buses are higher with leaf springs....rough ride but they need the clearance for the washed out bits.  3 hr ride on a 1st class bus costs aprox ., $3.00.  I should have taken more pics but the bus geek in me was feeling a little self conscious.
here's a link to the album.

http://s392.photobucket.com/albums/pp3/zubzub_photos/Bolivia%20Buses/

fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 09:10:48 AM »

Bolivia? Really?  How cool is that. I envy you. Great pix.Thanks...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
Slow Rider
Global Moderator

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 01:38:31 PM »

Where all did you go in Bolivia?

Frank

The MCI has landed..... We are home.
Dale City Va.  Just a southern suburb of DC
Yes I am a BUSNUT
1976 MCI MC8
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 05:32:11 PM »

Mostly I was in Pocoata, a small town tucked away in the hills, about 3 hrs south of Llallagua, which is about 2 hrs south of Oruru, which is 3 hrs west of La Paz.  Didn't travel much on this trip, mostly helped my SO get set up in the town so that she could begin her field work in the country side.  She doing her research in farming communities and relations with local NGO etc... so lots of country time.  Beautiful country, walked a lot, and then some.  Bolivia was really nice, not as rough/poor as I thought it would be, like I said transport was good and the food was better than Honduras or Guatemala, and a close second to Mexico.  Nice friendly place, other than a few drunks here and there, really a pleasant surprise, especially since SWMBO will be there for 6 months.

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 06:54:58 PM »

Any signs of Butch and Sundance?

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 07:12:44 PM »

Well now, if you had a picture of YOUR bus in Bolivia, that would be really cool.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: