Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 03:45:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Window Screens  (Read 1006 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:24:54 AM »

Since I have original windows, I do not have fixed screens.  I have used a removable method that I do not like.  I have seen retractable window screens on house windows.  The screen is on a roller like a shade, and the sides are in guide tracks.  Has anyone used or researched these?  If so, which brand did you find adapts best?  Thanks

You don't have to believe everything you think.
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 05:03:48 PM »

My bus has the same situation.The PO glued Velcro to the window frame and cut out some plastic screen to fit. It's not the best looking but it works really well.

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 05:36:00 PM »

Tom,

I've seen that done, and it's one of the options.  I thought that these retractable ones might work.  The first link shows the concept.  The second one is an inexpensive kit.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=%22retractable+window+screen%22&aq=f

busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 05:53:49 PM »

There Is a co. in the state of Washington that has very nice bus windows. This is where I bought mine, they are therm o pane sliders, and are tinted. I can not think of the name of the co. but I'm sure someone on here will know.   
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 06:21:10 PM »

Peninsula Glass/Motion Windows.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 08:03:30 PM »

No doubt Peninsula Glass windows are great, but I am just looking for an easy installation, easy to use, and easy on the pocket screen solution.  If the retractable ones could be adapted, they would be nice.  I was hoping someone else had already done the experimentation.

scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 06:53:12 AM »

Go to www.rollaway.com and take a look at what they have. I am keeping a few opening windows on my Prevost for escape but also want some fresh air on occasion so I am going to purchase these to keep the bugs out. If you do a Google search (roll up window screens) it also comes up with other possibilities.
Good Luck! Smiley Smiley Smiley

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: