Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 08:10:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: a/c thought  (Read 1241 times)
1960eagle

Ignore
« on: May 08, 2010, 10:54:53 AM »

Was at homedepot yesterday and noticed the stand alone portable a/c units.and thought wonder if they could be used as basement air? any thoughts?  The mind keeps me in trouble!
Eric

Currently in Northeast Ohio

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 02:57:50 PM »

I kinda did exactly that! When we first had our steal tent it would get mighty hot. so i dissambled our(insert random chinese brand portable a/c here) for just this purpose. Being a Transit we are limited on space (and funds Smiley ) so i located the entire compressor & coil assembly under the bus and brought the output flush with the floor. Being only 11kbtu it doesn't do a lot but it would def cool the rearward portion of the bus A OK! Since then i've aquired some older coleman MachIII units that work that i will attempt the same procedure on!

Happy Trails
Eric

Also! If you have one with a remote i just added some wire and brought the IR sensor up the wall so we could control it from bed!
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 03:04:32 PM »

I use one in bedroom put it in closet and discharged cool air thru grate in door...ran discharge air (hot)thru vent in roof...portable room air with a 6 inch flex discharge hoe to outside..Bob   I have pictures on photobucket but haven't figured out how to get them here yet...working on it...

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »

I built an enclosure for one that I bought and put it in my toter/trailer/toybox. Exited the air and condensation down through the floor. It works pretty good actually.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 06:58:13 PM »

My Custom Coach conversation has two central a/c units that look to me like window units.  They are mounted one above the other in the streetside center bay.  I don't like the interior space I lack due to ducts and blowers, but they work real well.
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: