Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 05:08:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any ideas to fix air ride seat?  (Read 1114 times)
belfert

« on: August 10, 2006, 07:59:59 PM »

The air ride seat in my Dina seems to be broke.  It sinks all the way down when I sit in it.  If I go over a large bump, the seat will rise up and then it will SLAM me back to the bottom.  It was like this from the day I bought the bus.

The seat seems either to not be getting air or it isn't adjusted properly.  I haven't been able to find any adjustment, or even the air cylinder yet, but I haven't looked real hard.  The manual says it has an air ride seat standard and the description seems to match the seat I have.

Any ideas?

Brian Elfert
HarLee
HarLee

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 08:37:36 PM »

Hi Brian - I have a yellow dial with black numbers 0n it on the left side of the seat - You have to dial in your weight and I have mine way above mine because coming across Wyoming I hit a bump going about 80 mph and I came up off the seat and it slammed back down and just about sent my spine up through my skull - so I stopped and dialed it up to about 250 lbs. and never had the problem since - Hope this helps - Harry

Harry & Lee Clay
Sequim, WA

Works for Me
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 10:12:52 AM »

Brian,

I don't remeber exactly how a Dina seat is, but most air ride seats are different from Harry's and mine (gotta love a Setra!), and have a small silver round knob that you pull on to let air out and push on to put air in! Also you'll find most air ride seats use a small air bag as oppsoed to a cylinder. Look all around the seat on the sides and front and you should find a valve or button to adjsut the air in it! BK Grin

Smiley Wink Cheesy It's gonna be a Blast at the "TN Fall Bus Bash" at Knuckle's check out the "TN Fall Bus Bash" Thread to see what all we got planned! Grin Shocked Roll Eyes

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: