Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 08:31:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prevost for sale  (Read 4187 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« on: May 12, 2010, 05:59:09 PM »

I have been pondering a Pre conversion up in Nebraska.  Am told it moved up there last year and had been a southern bus all its life.  One pic shows what looks like whip cream under the wheel wells.  What is that?  It looks clean and the miles aren't bad.  I am interested in your comments and especially your intuitive "feelings".

One thing that bothers me is that some pretty simple tasks have gone undone...by his  admission.  Things like a bad motor in an overhead fan and an air leaking valve needed to flush. The valve is in the open bay and hisses.  Other nickel  dime stuff.

http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail4441717.htm

Down near the bottom is a paragraph that has a reference to a site that has 222 separate pictures.  Really!  I think any would find it interesting.

Over 222 additional pictures at:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=121209836&albumId=28

Thanks.

John

PS:  This is the DDEC that has no air throttle nor Governator.....Dallas Huh Roll Eyes Grin

Moderator note:  I fixed the second image gallery link for you.  It was broken.

TANKS!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 07:17:53 AM by JohnEd » Logged

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Pla
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:28:54 PM »

Looks pretty nice to me for $58K.  Figure 6 new tires and a paint job and maybe another couple of grand for misc, you'd still be in pretty good shape.
Personally, I never did like Liberty decor, but if you do, that's great.  Keep in mind that everything is 18 years old.  The chassis will probably be just fine but all the house components may start to fail as you use them.  That was my experience with my 94 Vogue; TV, back up camera, one furnace, hydraulic levelers etc. all started to fail shortly after I bought it.  Not a big deal, but be prepared for it.

Good luck with it,

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 06:40:15 PM »

Looks really nice to me.  And that doesn't seem like a bad price.  If you are prepared to be a "cash" buyer, you may be able to negotiate it down.  But of course you know the standard advice - examine it carefully in person and have a mechanic experienced with that powertrain look it over.

One pic shows what looks like whip cream under the wheel wells.  What is that?

It looks to me like the wheel well has some kind of spray foam insulation and those places are where something ripped into it.

RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 06:51:43 PM »

John
That is undercoating ripped by a blown tire. Not a big deal. The rest of the stuff is normal everyday issues of owning a bus. Might want to talk to chuck d about accesing the blower motor. Some of the conversion companies put them in difficult to reach places. Seems like a great deal to me. Drive it. Start it cold. Watch amd listen Clifford and others will help you make sense of what you see and hear. There's a arrow bus shop in Omaha really good mechanics. If they're still in business.

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 08:25:38 PM »

I read a while back here on the board that there were Prevost conversions that the wheel wells were spray foamed for insulating values.

Bryan
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 09:24:18 PM »

I think that is a fantastic buy. A bus like that selling in the $50k range is really something to take note of. Is this an abnormality or a sign of more great buses at low prices to be had in the future? There doesn't seem to be a bottom to it. My bus must be worth something with a negative in front of it. Ouch!

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Its the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 10:17:14 PM »

If I was a buyer I'd RUN, not walk to that one - that's a ridiculous price and says OBO -

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 10:54:14 PM »

looks like a nice whorehouse on wheels !!!   i like it and would buy it in a min!!!
 great price for such a nice coach.....you really cant go wrong. offer $45,000 and see what happens.

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 11:08:39 PM »

I almost bought an 91 Prevost this year but did not.  I did a reasonable amount to research though.  Liberty seems to have the best all around reputation.  Check online, and I do not think you will find a 90's Liberty conversion for near the price.  If it was perfect, it would be much more expensive.  Although $58k is not small change to most of us, I would say that it should be able to fetch that same price for some years to come if the world stays that same.  I could not say that about any personally converted coaches.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 12:51:39 AM »

You guys are great!

Thanks Lin, Might look closer.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Pla
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 03:54:10 AM »

now that you've made the world aware of this sale, you better move quick.  One of the lurkers on this board is probably already packing his or her bag to go see it, test it and buy it.   Smiley Smiley

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 04:02:33 AM »

Now that you've made the world aware of this sale, you better move quick.  One of the lurkers on this board is probably already packing his or her bag to go see it, test it and buy it.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Except it wouldn't be a lurker you need to worry about, it would be me. If I had the coin I would have already been on the plane. This defiantly qualifies for the old cliche: "You snooze, you loose!". If this is something you have more than a passing interest in, I strongly urge you act quickly. Good luck John.

Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 04:17:29 AM »

The worst part about it is that this bus will be used as a reference for future sales. For example, if I were looking at a Prevost three months from now and the seller wanted $89k I would be comparing it to this bus. I would end up saying to myself "It looks good, but I saw one almost as nice for $58 obo, I should have bought that one and saved myself over $30k". Then I would be forever trying to find an equivalent deal, driving myself crazy. If I were independently wealthy I wouldn't care, but I chose to be child rich instead. This bus has never seen revenue service, how ever many miles it has, it is probably just getting broken in.

DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 04:34:49 AM »

Good advice Barn owl! "Child rich" will now get me thru me day!

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 05:48:16 AM »

Make sure it has a good title!  Check the engine its time for a oil analysis!  It looks like it needs a couple of months of TLC..........at that price........its a bargain.   

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: