Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 07:15:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prevost for sale  (Read 4193 times)
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 06:16:38 AM »

Buy it and make those of us as Child Billionaires happy!

White sure will be hard to keep clean when dirt camping! Oh that's right, you wouldn't be dirt camping in this thing!

Good luck keep us posted!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
chuckd

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 06:48:11 AM »

I would be all over that one, I paid $35,000 for my 35 foot Prevost, with 119k miles.  It is a 1979.  So 11 years newer, 5 feet longer, hard to pass up.  Not sure I got it for the lowest price, but at the time I thought it was fair.

chuckd
1979 Prevost Shorty
Stillwater Mn
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 07:28:47 AM »

Jump on it, John. Jump....

Book a ROUND TRIP plane ticket. I would get Arrow to go over it (they are still in business). Drive it for a couple of hours. Go over it...I think it has good potential.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 07:40:20 AM »

Quote from: RickB
John
That is undercoating ripped by a blown tire. Not a big deal. The rest of the stuff is normal everyday issues of owning a bus. Might want to talk to chuck d about accesing the blower motor. Some of the conversion companies put them in difficult to reach places. Seems like a great deal to me. Drive it. Start it cold. Watch amd listen Clifford and others will help you make sense of what you see and hear. There's a arrow bus shop in Omaha really good mechanics. If they're still in business.

Rick it could have been a blown tire, but more likely just road debris thrown up at it from the tires.
(usually, not always, but usually a blown tire results in much or and worse damage than that! Wink)

FWIW Looks like a nice coach. Especially for the asking price. I'm like Niles though (in a way, except I don't have his $ Wink), the part that intrigues me is the OBO! If it were me, (and it's not cause I ain't got no money!) I'd offer $40,000 contingent on a through inspection of the complete bus and ALL it's systems by a qualified bus mechanic and/RV technician (for the systems a mechanic may not be familiar with).
If they are willing to consider that offer waste no time going and checking it out. If they won't accept that offer tell them you'd have to see it in person and have the inspections done first before being able to offer more.

Either way good luck and happy bus'n! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 12:25:26 PM »

BK,

Now that is what I call a plan.  I will run it past my Financial Director.

Thank you,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »

I just thought that I should say one more thing about this.  In spite of it appearing to be a good deal.  Make sure that this is the type of coach that you want.  It's makeup does dictate a particular camping style.  If that is what you want, then it is good.  If you feel you will be compromising with it, you may need to decide if, even at a great price, it is the deal for you.

The backup plan could be to try it out knowing that you could probably get your money out of it should you later decide it is not what you really wanted.  Some shops could probably sand out the clearcoat and redo it for a couple of thousand, and it would look very nice.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
usbusin

'60 PD4104-4355(sold) Now Freightliner Conversion

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 04:57:34 PM »

JohnEd, what did the Financial Director say?  Yes, No, Maybe, Don't You Dare!?

Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years Ustruckin' is our 2001 Freightliner truck conversion
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 05:05:53 PM »

JohnEd, that bus has been for sale a long time check it close back at the rear bulk head me I would not pay 58,000 for it not even 40,000 I know the PO   

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 05:35:45 PM »

JohnEd, that bus has been for sale a long time check it close back at the rear bulk head me I would not pay 58,000 for it not even 40,000 I know the PO   

good luck

Uh, oh, John. If that is what THE, Clifford says, I would offer what he thinks. Clifford knows.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 09:06:33 PM »

Clifford,

Now that's what I'm talk'n bout.  The horse's mouth to my ear.  I sent you PM's and a post a couple weeks ago and got zip but Van said you were on the road.  Glad your back and really glad to get your warning.  If you stop answering me I will never get a bus cause I need your blessing to do that.  I said at the outset that it sure looked good but I had a bad feeling and didn't know about what.  I was going to ask him for a fread on the maint records and I guess that would have come up empty.

Bad engine, I suppose.

Thank you for getting back to me,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2010, 09:16:32 PM »

JohnEd, I am moving closer to you we bought a summer home in Marshing ID about 350 miles from Eugene, that Prevost has some problems I will send you a pm

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 01:42:23 PM »

OK.....so what is wrong with it? We need to be educated.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:44:30 PM by Barn Owl » Logged

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 04:25:27 PM »

Barn Owl,

I don't think Clifford wanted to go public.  I have no problem with his reservations and as Hargreaves says" this board goes all over the world".  I will email you after Clifford sends me the PM he mentioned unless he feels that the info should remain private.  I am sure looking forward to getting it, myself.

John

—Pla
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 06:01:13 PM »

I don't think Clifford wanted to go public.

I can appreciate that. Other than the details, I would say the cat is out of the bag. That being said, I would like to know more, and I would keep it private.....Thanks John

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
It’s the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: