Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 04:27:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you use in your parts cleaner?  (Read 1672 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 06:29:32 AM »

Hi Jack,
Long time no see or talk. Clad to hear that yer shop is almost ready. (ours is a huge mess, but we're operating out of it and organizing a little at a time as we go)
Now for the parts parts washer I used to use a mixture of gas/diesel or just kerosene.

Now I use "brake & parts cleaner".
I used to buy brake cleaner in cans by the case (several cases a week!), but then last summer I was turned on to a source of it in bulk. So for less than 10 cases I bought a 55 gallon drum, for another $25 I bought a quart sprayer jug that you fill with cleaner and use the shop air to pressurize and spray away!
So for less than I used to spend a month on "cleaner" I bought 55 gallons and still have 1/2 of it left a year later! (if you get by this way we can hook you up with 5/10 gallons pretty reasonable!)

Of course as Clifford and many others say kero, diesel, or gas work pretty good, but the insurance companies frown on improper storage of those.
FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: