Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 10:53:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cabinet Making by Dave Galey  (Read 824 times)
Dale MC8

Ignore
« on: August 11, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »

Let me start off by saying that I am a fan of Dave Galey. Now on to my question. IIRC, some time ago Dave started a series of articles about making cabinets in (y)our bus. the first article had a list of tools that would be needed to do so. I joyfully went to Harbor Freight and bought the stuff I didn't have --- boy do I have clamps now --- and waited for the next article to see what I could use these new tools for.

Did I somehow miss the next article(s)?? I can't remember seeing it and I was looking forward to doing so. I'm not exempt from an occasional 'Senior Moment', but have been checking my copies of BCM and haven't found the articles.

Can someone (Dave? - Mike?) set me straight? Did the articles get printed and I just ignored them or are they still out there waiting to be published?

Gawd, I just reread the above and can't believe how whiny I sound, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Dale MC8

Dale MC8

In Theory, theory and practice are the same.
In Practice, they aren't.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 11:31:31 PM »

Just to throw this in.  I only glued my bathroom wall corners and the support corner of my overhead cabinets.  All else is screwed with brackets and clamps.  Reason-bus rocks and flexes-didn't want to have glued joints popping.  And I can take apart any part of the bus and put back together again.  And no, nothing has worked loose yet.  If it does loosen, I can just retighten it.  If you pop a glued joint, you either take it apart, strip the old glue off, and reglue it back together again, or can use my method of screws an brackets to hold the popped joint together.  I choose just to jump to the bracket stage and avoid the gluing part.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: