Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 09:11:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EV 6010 HELP  (Read 4841 times)
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2010, 07:28:59 PM »

Just a quick thought also. Do you have a remote start? Something to check. Later

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 07:56:54 AM »

I do have a remote start but unplugged it right at the control box. I think this will turn into a winter project. I bought a cheap gen set to keep us going but can already tell it runs warmer than what I'd like it to in my former A/C conderser compartment

Have Fun!!
Grant
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 06:01:57 PM »

Hi Busshawg,

It you still need help, give these folks a call.

Hicklin Power Systems
5503 NW 111th Drive
Grimes, Iowa  50111

800 234 eight nine eight nine

dale@hicklinpower.com

I bought my EV6010 from them and, have found them to be very helpful when in need of information and/or trouble shooting.

By all means call Hicklin power. Customer service second to none, the manager spent 45 minutes on the phone with me to help with a problem!!  If you want to buy a Honda by it from Hicklin!!     JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
gus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2010, 12:19:10 PM »

Len,

Good point, I misread his posting.

Grant,

It is a starting problem right now, not a gen problem. Very obvious if the starter fuse is blowing. Something is shorted out. Starter circuits are not that complicated so you can sort this out by the process of elimination.

How your dealer diagnosed a gen problem without starting the engine is a mystery?

It sounds as if the worst thing would be needing a new starter and there are a few much less expensive possibilities in the starting circuit.

EVs use separate starting batteries. I use both bus and house batteries, either will work because it is a small engine.

This is an excellent set and will probably outlast the cheapo substitute. Unless it has very high time it is well worth repairing.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: