Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 18, 2014, 06:50:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda Generator EV6010  (Read 10602 times)
gus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 09:17:08 PM »

jjr,

Thanks for the tips. I thought from the picture that a box would have to be made for it. I would want one anyway for extra soundproofing.

I'll take a look at Hinklin.

I agree fully with you on Honda, I think they are the best even though I am both a GMC and Ford fan. Facts are facts.

Does the radiator exhaust air down?

Do you have the cooling system hooked into the bus cooling system?

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 04:13:10 AM »

When I talked to servuce at Hinklin, and these people were really good. I told them I wanted to remote mount the radiator. They said they had never heard of anyone doing it. But that if I was going to, becus of airflow specifications, I should leave the original radiator and fan in place. and obtain another for use.
 The problem I had was the radiator, genney head and exhaust all vent out the bottom. No matter how I positioned the genset, one was always on a floor support. What appeared to be the easy way out was to redirect the radiator fan outflow. As far as piping into the bus system, I do not want to spend more time working on the genny, than I am going to use it. It is in a sound deadening compaprtment.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
gus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 01:02:44 PM »

jjr,

After looking at the installation manual I can see what you mean by the bottom air exhaust vents. My bay is already pretty open because it contained the Cont gas engine originally but I had already planned to raise the bottom a bit because the Honda is so short,  so I'm not anticipating any problems at the bottom.

Thanks for your help.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: