Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 02:36:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda Generator EV6010  (Read 10850 times)
gus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 09:17:08 PM »

jjr,

Thanks for the tips. I thought from the picture that a box would have to be made for it. I would want one anyway for extra soundproofing.

I'll take a look at Hinklin.

I agree fully with you on Honda, I think they are the best even though I am both a GMC and Ford fan. Facts are facts.

Does the radiator exhaust air down?

Do you have the cooling system hooked into the bus cooling system?

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 04:13:10 AM »

When I talked to servuce at Hinklin, and these people were really good. I told them I wanted to remote mount the radiator. They said they had never heard of anyone doing it. But that if I was going to, becus of airflow specifications, I should leave the original radiator and fan in place. and obtain another for use.
 The problem I had was the radiator, genney head and exhaust all vent out the bottom. No matter how I positioned the genset, one was always on a floor support. What appeared to be the easy way out was to redirect the radiator fan outflow. As far as piping into the bus system, I do not want to spend more time working on the genny, than I am going to use it. It is in a sound deadening compaprtment.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
gus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 01:02:44 PM »

jjr,

After looking at the installation manual I can see what you mean by the bottom air exhaust vents. My bay is already pretty open because it contained the Cont gas engine originally but I had already planned to raise the bottom a bit because the Honda is so short,  so I'm not anticipating any problems at the bottom.

Thanks for your help.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: