Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 12:02:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aluminum holding tank  (Read 2916 times)
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 05:52:00 AM »

Kyle if my toilet was leaking my pump would run so that would warn me something wasn't right. For the most part all is good!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 07:32:16 AM »

Ace, you're right about the pump letting you know when it runs. My problem hid behind the silence of using park water pressure, the pump wasn't on, so I didn't hear the water running. . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 07:46:33 AM »

That happens when you have kids Kyle we are good for 2 weeks with just the wife and I, add grand kids to the mix about 3 days lol one is always going leave water running some place but I wouldn't take anything for the stinkers

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2010, 08:55:03 AM »

Since it was a specialized valve inside the toilet leaking, I simply turned off the water to the toilet & planed on buying the part when we got home. For the rest of the trip, we flushed using a jug of water. One trip lead to several more before I remembered to think about replacing the valve when the trailer was parked at home between trips. However, we & the kids have adapted well & the 4 of us can go over a week on a 30 gallon black tank. Since this is working so well (cheap), replacing the valve is a very low priority.  Grin

Alum can work for the tank, so can stainless, carbon steel, fiberglass, plastic, etc. . . . It all depends on your needs & abilities as to what will work best for your particular circumstances.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: