Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 08:33:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using an Air Cooled Generator???  (Read 3516 times)
Barn Owl
Roanoke, VA

PD4106-1063 "Wheezy Bus"

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2010, 09:24:36 PM »

In '79 when my bus was converted Onan was about it. My 6.5NH still works like a champ. Buy them on craigslist all day long for $400 to $800. The 6.5 will run two airs and a few other things. Many bad mouth them and have never seen one. For the money you get a good system. As with any genny, just make sure it runs before you buy.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 02:33:38 PM by Barn Owl » Logged

L. Christley - W3EYE Amateur Extra
Blue Ridge Mountains, S.W. Virginia
Itís the education gained, and the ability to apply, and share, what we learn.
Have fun, be great, that way you have Great Fun!
cody

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2010, 09:33:07 PM »

My 1978 revcon has a 5K onan that hasn't missed a beat in all those years, it still runs like a champ and only asks for an oil change now and then and a new set of plugs on occasion or an air filter, the onans were rock solid, I still use mine regularily, I use the revcon to go places that the bus can't due to low hanging branches or rough roads but it's just as confortable on an interstate.
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2010, 07:10:27 AM »

In '79 when my bus was converted Onan was about it. My 6.5NH still works like a champ. By them on craigslist all day long for $400 to $800. The 6.5 will run two airs and a few other things. Many bad mouth them and have never seen one. For the money you get a good system. As with any genny, just make sure it runs before you buy.

The Onans are also easy to convert to propane.  Many of them come set up for "tri-fuel" (gasoline, LP or natural gas) just by adjusting the carb.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: