Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 09:04:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How often do you use your bus?  (Read 3604 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 09:27:04 AM »

More and more....3 months in Silver Springs Fla winter,,5 steam shows,weekend trips to lake,parts runs,county fair for week..August vacation somewhere,and bus rallies...fall run to gulf coast to eat fish..

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 11:01:51 AM »

I bought my bus to use for trips to national rocket launches with my friends.  We go at least once a year and twice some years.  One launch is always in Reno, NV and the other moves around every year.

I really have no desire (or money) to do weekend trips to RV parks/campgrounds.  I would have liked to take my bus to an event last weekend, but RVs were not allowed.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 11:03:54 AM »

Being 53 years old and running a business and my wife also running her own business it makes it hard for us to jump in the bus for extended trips. We did get a run to Florida this winter in. Other than that we use it several times a month camping during the summer. What I enjoy about it is the time spent working on it and making it mine. I love working with my hands and that's what I do all day long at my welding business. At the end of the day it is relaxing to work on my own stuff with no pressure. If it takes me several days who cares!! The bus will probably be a never ending hobby for me. Always something to do!! I dread putting it away into storage.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 06:54:36 PM »

Liz and I are full-timing with no plans for putting down roots in our foreseeable future.  However, we have been spending a few days on the road and a month or two at some site, then on the road again for a few.  If The Lord wills, all the long distance marathon drives are behind me.  We try to keep it to 200 or so miles a stint.  Makes for a lot more enjoyable travel and we are more prone to stop and goof-off.    =)

IMHO -  YMMV

'Chilling in Beaumont'

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 07:04:19 PM »

We were both fully retired until we bought the bus?Huh??

jmblake
Jason & Martha Blake

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 07:12:01 PM »

We try to use our bus every other weekend in the summer, mostly going about a 100 mile radius for weekends, then we go to myrle beach every year for a long week, Disney once and going a back to disney again in 2011, I would love to be able to take a month long trip sometime out west. Jason

oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 07:28:22 PM »

We started using ours about 1 week a month for ministry trips. Then we rented out our house & full timed for the last two years. Our tenants bought a house so we are moving back into ours this weekend. Now I am thinking about selling our finished (are they ever finished?) bus & buying another one. The wife thinks I am crazy. The kids think I am crazy. My cat thinks I am crazy.

I think they are ALL WRONG!!  I just want to do this one the RIGHT way!   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
zimtok

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 05:56:56 AM »

I use my bus every week to get to the gigs......
Our "local" gigs are about 60-80 miles round trip, we do about 2-3 of those each week.
We are now starting into the "festival" season and we have are booked for about 6 so far. They are usually about 400-600 miles round trip.

1960 PD4104-4971 - Memphis TN

Buy the new Eddie L Smith CD "STAYIN LONG" at:
http://www.eddielsmith.com
Everyone is welcome to any of our gigs listed on the website.

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2010, 06:01:30 AM »

We fulltime in ours and it sits for months at a time. My wife still works and I'm doing the college thing at 60, don't ask!

Last trip we made was to Franklin in March for the Little Texas Bus Rally with Dallas, Cat and a bunch of other nuts! We don't use it enough, but with our situation I'll take it when I can get it.

I wish we could use it more, but until we can it's all good! Wink Best thing we have done was move into it and make it our home.

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2010, 06:03:19 PM »

Before we moved into ours we put over 15,000 km on it annually.  That included one 8k+ trip in the winter and several shorter trips through the summer.  I doubt there has ever been a month since we bought it 6+ years ago that it hasn't gone somewhere.  The trick to using any RV, IMHO, is to have it fully stocked and ready to roll on a moment's notice.  That means frozen food in the freezer, socks and underwear in the drawers, dry goods in the pantry and a full change of season-appropriate clothing hanging in the closet.  We started doing that with travel trailers 20 years ago and we have put a lot of miles on since then.  When all you have to do is throw the cat in, turn the key and go it's pretty easy to go somewhere.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 07:44:11 PM »

I haven't used my bus since last August.  That would be mostly because I'm not living on a small Pacific Island, and my bus in living in Florida.

Bill
Kwajalein

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 10:13:28 PM »

We were both fully retired until we bought the bus?Huh??

Too True, Too True!

Agreed, somehow my carefree 'retired' lifestyle is a thing on the past.  The wife used to keep a 'honey-do list' now she keeps a 'punch-list'.  
At least with this boss there are some fringe benefits.  Wink

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: