Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 02:36:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: dual or single pane Peninsula sliders  (Read 3578 times)
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 10:35:58 AM »

Bill, that might work well if you needed RV replacement windows. but my application (and the only reason to pay the steep price, no doubt in my mind) is that I need exact OEM replacements that fit into the OEM frames.  I confess that it stung a bit spending close to $800 on two windows, but they are exactly what I need, so you either buy them or don't have them.  I'm not aware of another option (cue " did you try Bubba's custom MCI screen slider windows and doors", and me cursing...)

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 12:53:05 PM »

Brian,

The rest of the windows are stock MCI single pane.  Third - bus has stock roof, no raise, no insulation.

Good move.  Putting double pane in that old girl would be like putting rouge on a pig.  I am not putting down your bus but you have built her for your particular climate.  If you were in any sort of distress you would have AC in the bedroom.....and you don't.  Window air would cost a couple hundred bucks.

Solve the condensate problem with the Frost King shrink film we have been talking about.  Don't imagine you do uch dead of winter camping up there either

Why is it you guys never just swing the Emergency Escape windows out and block them for insulation?  A screen could be made that stretches across the entire opening and snapped in place.  Why wouldn't that work.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2010, 01:22:10 PM »

hey, john, that's what we have done so far and it works great - except we now bring our cat along, and she would go through those tucked in screens like nothing.  It's probably possible to work out a secure screen arrangement, but the mechanics of it are that you need to move the screen to open the window, run around outside, stick in a stick to hold it open, run back in, stick the screen down, you get the picture.  One bad storm in the middle of the night and all of a sudden that's less of a good idea too.

I'm going to be real happy with the Pen's, and  the cost already doesn't hurt, I've forgotten already...   Cheesy

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: