Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 01:48:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Washer/Dryer? Yes or No?  (Read 3552 times)
ToppDog

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2010, 02:00:06 AM »

I was thinking of a full size front loading set as well.  How much depth did they take up?  Where did you place the vent?  Just curious.  I'm trying to figure all this stuff out before I settle on a bus.  I'm thinking I may need to go with a 102" wide instead of a 96" wide.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2010, 05:22:43 AM »

I guess we just carry too much "stuff". We do not have room in our coach for a washer/dryer and do not want to leave any of our "stuff" at home. Heck, we have so much "stuff", we have to haul part of it in our Grand Chewrokee LOL.  We usually go about 2-2 1/2 weeks, then spend about 3 hours at a laundromat and we are done for another 2 weeks or so.  We have always managed to find nice (clean, air conditioned) laundromats. Whatever works for you situation. YMMV Just "our way".  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2010, 07:01:33 AM »

I have a 102" wide (transit) and that extra 6" width really makes a big difference.  Now if you're putting in slide outs ($$$) the extra width isn't as important.

The Splendide is less then 24" deep.  Splendide makes three versions- ventless (which I have and has long drying times-with the clothes still damp after 1 hour. Hanging up for another hour inside takes care of that), vented (both of these are washer and dryer in one), and now they make a separated stack version-but runs on 120vac.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: