Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 02:42:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May sell my MC7 & buy a Bluebird Wanderlodge, does that make me a deserter?  (Read 7715 times)
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 05:05:23 PM »

Hey Christy, Only two more and you can have a different set of wheels each day of the week! Grin

Which one are you bringing to TBR? Roll Eyes

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2010, 06:05:40 PM »

Mike, I am pretty close to 7 mpg with my 7 (7 with my 7...... I could write a country song! ) but I don't tow anything & am a pretty conservative driver. At least I feel better now!

Christy, what you need is a caretaker for your buses! & I know JUST THE GUY!   Grin Grin

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2010, 08:03:01 PM »

hahahaha, Just keep it up. . . JUUUUSSSTT keep it up!  hahahaha Grin Grin

Are you kidding, I just LOVED TempBus, our 4107, but,  Cry, the poor fella is sitting in the garage now, as if we're taking a bus out, well, you can IMAGINE which one leaves with us!  Wink Cheesy 

Anyone want to buy a bus. . . or two. . .  or three?HuhHuh?? Cheesy

Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Outlaw

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2010, 08:31:34 PM »

christy,how much for the 4107? what is done to it and does it run? any pic's of it and any other info ?  thanks

Outlaw

eagleworks@jonav.net

John and Colleen
Bothell, WA
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2010, 09:08:48 PM »

It's a factory converted, 35', BEAUTIFUL rig. . . very nicely done conversion that we've upgraded with new ceramic tile, new leather furniture, new paint, etc.. . .  30,000 miles or so on the rebuilt "out-of-frame". . . so not a drop of smoke, no oil burning. . . 730 automatic. . . . stored inside. . . going to list it for $39,900. . .. if you're interested, PM me. . . I'll be getting in the magazine here soon too. . .just been tied up taking care of the hubby's parents and have neglected our personal business.  Thanks for asking, Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Outlaw

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2010, 09:26:36 PM »

christy, thanks.to much money for me. good luck

Outlaw

John and Colleen
Bothell, WA
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010, 10:10:51 PM »

I probably should have been more clear. . this is no $10,000 bus. . the appraisal that was done about 18 months ago, after prices had already fallen deeply on buses, still came in at over $50,000.  And that was BEFORE we upgraded all the inside furniture.  Thanks again for showing interest though. . . have a GREAT night everyone.  Christy

Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2010, 04:24:52 AM »

I can vouch for the "Temp Bus". Very nice coach and well taken care of.

Looks like the last TBR is the last time I'll see it huh Christy! Roll Eyes

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2010, 05:17:37 AM »

Christy,

I might know of a family that is looking for a bus to convert....the only problem is they don't have any money.

Are you giving the buses away Shocked?

Too bad I am not planning on converting one...

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 05:20:24 AM »

"TempBus" is a beatuiful coach. I saw the coach when the previous owner had it.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 06:30:55 AM »

Well, Jack, you should see it now! 

The clear coat was peeling pretty bad, so we sanded her down and I mean, EVERY SINGLE RIVET, and painted the top 1/2 and the front and rear fiberglass caps white. 

We also replaced all of the floor tile and the shower tile with a nice, stone colored tile, replaced the couch with a white leather sleeper couch, recovered the kitchen chairs in the same leather, replaced the front captains chairs,

put polished aluminum wheels and new tires on it, replaced the fridge, replaced the camera. . . well, you get the picture.   The woodwork was done with such high quality that the updates we did make it look like a totally fresh conversion!  We are really proud of TempBus and if it weren't for the deal we got on this Prevost, we'd be in it right now, ha ha.  Have a great day, Christy

John316

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2010, 06:34:40 AM »

Christy,

You should post pics of Temp bus for us.

God bless,

John

Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2010, 07:05:03 AM »

Looks like the last TBR is the last time I'll see it huh Christy!

Yeah, I think pretty much everyone will be seeing this new one, ha ha.

Are you giving the buses away ?

Nope, not doing that, ha ha.  Course, if they don't have any money, they sure couldn't afford to use a bus anyway, could they!  Especially a "give away" one. . . I always tell people that if you want to use a bus, you should have a spare $10,000 sitting in an account somewhere, JUST IN CASE, because I've just read toooooooo many pleas for help from stranded owners who broke down on vacation.  These things are awesome. . but boy, sure doesn't take much wrong to sure cost you a bundle, even when you do the work yourself!  This hobby is sure not for the weak of heart!

You should post pics of Temp bus for us.

Actually, we are building a website for the business, and I have a page with the info on TempBus so when we get some adds listed, we can link to it.  http://www.hickshvac.com/id7.html

We'll be listing it in this magazine and several websites soon. . hopefully within the next two weeks or so.  Christy

John316

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 05:11:07 PM »

Are you giving the buses away ?

Nope, not doing that, ha ha.  Course, if they don't have any money, they sure couldn't afford to use a bus anyway, could they!  Especially a "give away" one. . . I always tell people that if you want to use a bus, you should have a spare $10,000 sitting in an account somewhere, JUST IN CASE, because I've just read toooooooo many pleas for help from stranded owners who broke down on vacation.  These things are awesome. . but boy, sure doesn't take much wrong to sure cost you a bundle, even when you do the work yourself!  This hobby is sure not for the weak of heart!

I agree with you 100%, Christy. Bus repairs can get very, very expensive. The folks that I am thinking about read the board, so maybe they will see this thread. Buying a bus is really just the "down payment" of sorts. Ten grand is a very reasonable amount to have in the bank, ready, just in case. One could pop an engine, and be out of commission.

God bless,

John

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: