Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 04:27:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Frybrid.com scamming me? ( whining )  (Read 4743 times)
Jerry32

Ignore
« on: June 06, 2010, 10:09:28 AM »

Yes I was so stupid as to order a custom WVO conversion kit from Frybrid in Seattle. On April 24 2009 I paid the #3087.00 dollars for the kit as required by frybrid. The reciet link was to updat on the order and never had an update or projection of when it would be delivered. By September 2009 I advised that in October I would be leaving for the south and would contact them when I returned. At that time I never gort a reply from the update  but Chris Goodwin on the forum stated that the tank was built but still needed a pickup . When I returned i sent a request for an update and finally on April 3 2010 chris stated a system was ready to go but gave figures for the wrong tank. I said I was happy with that and ship it out but Chris insisted on getting the right tank. By the end of April he stated the tank and kit were to be shipped by fedex but I never recieved anything so filed a complaint with the ATTY GEBERAL of WA and still nothing has happened.
My belief is that in his statements on the websit there is a 20 per cent charge if you request you money back and that is what he wants to do is have people request a refund and he makes 20 per cent profit for nothing. I can't say he is a crook but certainly is a jerk at least as I informed him last yeat I am 75 years old and dignosed with cancer so maybe he wants to wait till I kick the bucket and keep all the money. I had hoped to get the system installed and be able to do some traveling the las times of my life but he has screwed me there. He is  member of this forum and make drop in to tell some more lies to me here   Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 12:00:30 PM »

I have been told on more than a dozen occassions to stear clear.  Sorry you got burned.  What part o the south have you moved to and what are you converting?

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 12:08:50 PM »

Jerry,

Has he charged your credit card yet? If so, that is breaking CC rules. He can only charge you when it has shipped. If it is a CC, charge (I hope for your sake it is), call your CC company. You could charge it back. If it was a check, I doubt there is much you can do.

Sorry for the troubles,

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 05:17:20 AM »

I guess the worst part is the wasted time and nothing. Well he's got the money and I'll just have to build my own system. Jerry

divinerightstrip

1990 Le Mirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 05:38:26 AM »

Too bad.
I have a couple valves from them that have been bulletproof - bought them used off of a guy on Craig's list though. Never dealt with the company.
Every system that I have seen has had some flaw in my eyes, so I looked over them all and took the elements that I liked most from each and then built my own. I am in the process of doing another re-vamp to my current system now. THe technology is always improving.
Get your $$ back and start from scratch. Check out Greasecar (excellent with larger engine stuff) and get some good heavy-duty and stock parts. Have faith in your own ability. All of those companies were created by humans just like us! Ask for help - there are a few guys on the forum who are well versed in this stuff (browse through the archives) and look at schematics online.

Good luck!

The Bus Girl
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »

The two companies I have ordered parts from are greasecar.com and omarsales.
com.  Both were spot on.  I had a problem with the lights circuit board on one if the valves.  Omar ivernighted three spare boards with just a phone call.  Very good service from both. 

I beleive you have some recourse with frybrid.  I would start by sending a demand letter by certified mail.  If you don't get your parts or money back then I would hammer him in court.  Check with local law and see where to go.  It could go into mail prefer fraud which is federal.  I would nit let him rest a day until I got my $3000 back.

www.snakebreaker.com
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 10:37:41 AM »

That is a lot of $$$ to just sweep under the rug. I do as others have suggested and get after them.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 11:27:45 AM »

Well the compaint to consumers affairs WA attorney General is still active. I could sue but that only nets you a piece of paper and spending more money on legal fees. Besides he's a carporation too. I'll just have to wait for the response from th AG. Jerry

wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 01:07:48 PM »

While you wait you can beat them up on the Internet As well.  As you did here you can do a lot on other forums.  You can go to weebly.com and make your website for free.  You can post your story there and send it out.  I own my own business and complaints mean a lot to me.  I there is a problem I fix it immediately.  The dog world is a small one and an unanswered complaint could destroyy business.  How they can continue to operate is beyond me especially with the bad I have heard from a lot of folks.  After ag  gives you am answer I would continue to beat on their behind with everything I had.

www.snakebreaker.com
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 01:28:49 PM »

Over the year plus I have seen many complaints on the frybrid forum but of course he deleted them so there is no hisstory. H locked me off the forum so I will continue to bash where ever Jerry

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »

Personally, I am averse to getting screwed unless it's my idea.  I am one of those people who, if I could, would spend $10,000 to recover the $3000 that was stolen from me, and consider it a bargain.

I would send them a Certified letter demanding full refund for failure to perform and demanding a response within ten days.  I would use the word "Demand" in each line and not accept anything less than a full refund, you no longer want any of the equipment ordered.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 02:07:07 PM »

Might be beneficial to have a lawyer write the letter. Most people realize you're serious when they get that letter.

Good luck!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 02:36:40 PM »

I am sure I am going to get flamed for this but I could not let $3000 go because someone refused to fill an order.  After legal means fells through me and my buddy Teerow would have to go visit.  Country arse whoopin delivered at the cost of $3000.  
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 06:40:47 PM by wal1809 » Logged

www.snakebreaker.com
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 03:53:34 PM »

NEVER NEVER NEVER say that you will pay a visit and sort things out in person.  That is a CRIME and that very same DA that has no time for your "pissy little TORT" problem will burn the midnight oil to put together a prosecution.  Do it, of course....just never say you will. Wink

Might call and check on the DA's case load and staffing cuts of late and the time it takes to come to trial.  In this town the cops run their own shop and they pick and choose what to even accept a complaint on and they are very blunt about it.  Cop told me I could not file a complaint because HE didn't think, in his judgement, it had merit.  In "his judgement" was a accurate quote from that 21 year old's mount and these guys are legally bulletproof.

The attitude in most areas is that ALL the judges are PINKO LIBERALS and it is a sin to seat any more of them to rob honest citizens.  Shrink their "Gummint" budget, too.  Big and medium bidness corps are the most often sued so guess who benefits from that brainwashed attitude of contempt for the courts?

John the gullible

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »

Well you know I would blame It on Teerow.

www.snakebreaker.com
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 07:51:52 PM »

Jerry,

Has he charged your credit card yet? If so, that is breaking CC rules. He can only charge you when it has shipped. If it is a CC, charge (I hope for your sake it is), call your CC company. You could charge it back. If it was a check, I doubt there is much you can do.

Isn't it legal to charge in advance for custom items and special orders?  I certainly have been charged in advance for things like that and it doesn't bother me.  Would you build a $3,000 custom system on the blind faith that the credit card will clear in the end?

1 year is usually way too long for a chargeback in most cases.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
cgoodwin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 07:45:56 AM »

Mr. Duesenberry,

Your post is in no way accurate and is designed to elicit sympathy rather than communicate truth. You ordered a custom built system from Todd who worked for me, with a custom built tank. The agreement was that you would pay extra for the shipping once the tank and system were completed due to the size of the tank. When the system was completed you asked Todd not to ship it to you as you were going on a trip and no one would be there to receive it so on the shelf it went. We you returned recently you contacted me with a hostile and threatening email and post on my forum claiming to have been scammed. I contacted you and explained that Todd was no longer at Frybrid as he had suffered Kidney failure and was in treatment, but that I had found your paperwork and would be happy to send you kit to you right away. You then tried to tell me that the tank we had built for you was not the correct tank and you had paid for a much larger tank, eventually the drawings YOU sent were found and it turned out that you had decided on the smaller tank at the time of payment and now were trying to get me to build you the larger tank. I told you I was sending the tank and it was being sent by a freight company as the package was too large to go UPS or FedEx. I never asked you to pay the additional shipping as you had agreed with Todd and sent it to you a few weeks ago. I have heard not a single post or email from you since then and assumed you had received your system until someone forwarded me this post.

Typical that you would bad mouth me behind my back after attempting to scam me for a larger tank and the shipping. At this point I have lost money on the system I built for you and STILL have to deal with your annoyance. This is exactly why I do not build bus systems in general and had you been dealing with me rather than Todd I never would have agreed to build you anything. There are always plan changes at the last minute, shifting shipping addresses, impossible requests, etc.

Now that I am aware that you have no received it I will contact the shipper today and get back to you with the information, I would imagine that when they called top arrange delivery you were too busy writing this page of insults to answer and your system is sitting at the local freight depot. Man up and contact me, you have my phone number and email address. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Christopher Goodwin
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 08:46:49 AM »

There is a reason that the forum rules call for no badmouthing of businesses, and this is another example.  I don't know who is right or wrong here but I am very sorry that I stuck my nose in this conversation.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »

i do think's somebody owes mr frybrid a sincere apology.

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 10:09:14 AM »

Mr. Frybrid is full of B.S. as i ask him to send the regular tank and he insisted on making the larger one. on top of that on Jul 15 i stated i would have a tank built locally if the tank was a problem. Requests for an update and whether the order was pending on Jun 10, Jul 1, Jul 15, Aug `15, Sept 16 2009 were unanswered from frybrid Mr Goodwin hides all his complaints from the history by deleteing them Jerry

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 10:18:52 AM »

Okay, so now, whether the company was remiss or not, they sound like they want to make things right.  If that is the case, they should just do so.  Ultimately, Jerry doesn't need an apology, he needs the equipment he paid for or his money.  Although possible, it seems odd to me that the stuff would be shipped, not delivered, and the vendor not know about it, but again, nothing is beyond the realm of possibility.  So my solution would be that the company send him all that he has paid for or send him a full refund immediately.  They can deal with the missing shipment problem on their own separately.  If they are not willing to do so, I would think that is a clear demonstration of who they are.  Case closed!

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 10:24:36 AM »

It is very amazing that the kit was assumed to be shipped and I stated on his forum that it never arrived and since he deleted that post he is aware of it. He also locked me out of his forum so I couldnt post there so to bad I posted here. As for the shipping it was charged to me on the original invoice . as for calling me I have a cell phone and is with me all the time and there have been no notices on my door.

buddydawg

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 10:33:54 AM »

I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  There seems to be some movement to a resolution of the issue now. Maybe it will work itself out.

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 10:48:39 AM »

I hope this has done some good as I ordered the kit at about the same time as another bus order and the other guy got his kit right away becouse he seemed to be a freind of Goodwin's. I never told todd to hald the shipment unless he couldnt' get it there by Oct 1st.  Goodwin stated in Sept that the tank was built and then in April 2010 he stated it was not built . He can't keep his story straight. Jerry

HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »

I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

That is usually the case.

And I must concur with Len.

There is a reason that the forum rules call for no badmouthing of businesses, and this is another example.  I don't know who is right or wrong here...
Len

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: